This morning we're swooning over Dennis Haysbert, who just signed on for a nine-week run in the Broadway hit, "RACE." Yesterday, a Twitter glitch gave users the opportunity to increase their popularity. Plus, you can pre-order the Salaam Remi-produced "SATC 2" soundtrack today, and we're curious to know your thoughts on Lil' John's new tune, "Ms. Chocolate." Here's what you had to say: Janelle commented: "[The 'Ms. Chocolate' song] is just another male vision of sex, objectification and misogyny." Michelle wrote via Facebook: "[Dennis Haysbert] is one fine brother. He has aged beautifully and I would love to meet him."
- Dreamy, debonaire actor Dennis Haysbert ("24", "The Unit") is taking some time away from "Allstate's Stand" to stand on stage in David Mamet's critically acclaimed Broadway thriller, "RACE." Haysbert joins the "RACE" cast, taking over for David Alan Grier, from June 21 to August 21. Temperature... I mean ticket sales, are rising. [RACE]
- At the Hampton University commencement this weekend, President Obama slammed new technologies like the iPad and the Xbox, saying with these devices "information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation." Do you agree? [HP]
- Republican National Committee members aren't the only ones with something to say about Obama's Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan. The Black Women's Roundtable is "disconcerted by the perceived lack of real consideration of any of the extremely qualified African-American women as potential nominees." Thoughts? [PRNews]
- If you wanted to up your Twitter game, Monday morning was the time to do it. A glitch on the popular social networking site allowed for users to force other users to follow them, increasing their popularity on the twittersphere. [NYT]
- Producer Salaam Remi scored the soundtrack to "Sex and the City 2." With an Alicia Keys remix of Blondie's "Rapture," a duet by Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis, and a cover of Beyonce's "Single Ladies" by Liza Minnelli, we're dying for the album to drop on May 25 as much as we are for the movie to hit theaters. Pssst. As of today, you can pre-order it on iTunes. [E!]
- In the Dwayne Wade divorce drama, Chicago cops are looking to arrest the basketball player's estranged wife, Siohvaughn Wade, after she failed to show up for a divorce hearing yesterday. [ESPN]
- Lenny Kravitz, who owns a home in New Orleans, is using his talents to help assist the oil cleanup in the Gulf of Mexico through the "Guardian of the Gulf" Benefit Concert. The concert takes place on the Mississippi River banks this weekend, May 14 to 16, with Kravitz as the spokesperson featuring performances from John Legend, Mos Def and more.
- Heidi Klum and Seal said "I do" for the sixth time. [OK]
- Have you heard Lil Jon's "Ms. Chocolate" featuring R. Kelly and Mario? It's an ode to beautiful dark-skinned girls. What do you think? Is it flattering? Is it offensive? Share your thoughts.