Essence Communications Inc. 2014 - Summer Internship Program
Essence Communications Inc.hosts summer interns through the Time Inc. Summer Internship Program. The program is a 9-week paid learning experience where you'll receive on-the-job training that will enhance your education and prepare you for a future career in the media industry. You must have an interest in media and issues related to African-American women to intern at ESSENCE. We are looking for students who are diligent, self-motivated and extremely detail-oriented to take on various opportunities throughout departments in both the Publishing and Editorial divisions.
If you are currently an undergraduate or graduate student and returning to school in the fall of 2014, then you are eligible to apply for an Editorial or Publishing internship at Time Inc. Summer internships.
Details about the application process include:
- • Only one application per person will be considered. Selected interns will be notified by e-mail or phone on or before April 31, 2014. Due to the large volume of applications, we will not be able to respond to telephone calls or e-mail inquiries.
- • To apply for an ESSENCE internship, submit a completed application, resume and a writing sample or a digital portfolio including your designs and/or photography. Please note in your Time Inc. application your interest in working at ESSENCE.
- • Interns will receive a bi-weekly stipend.
- • Interns will be assigned to one department but will be exposed to other areas of the company.
- • Interns are expected to find their own housing. We suggest you contact your school’s career center for information on temporary housing in the New York City area. You may also want to contact New York City area colleges and universities to ask about renting a dormitory room for the summer.
- • The program runs from the first week of June until the first week of August.
- • APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 31, 2014.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.timeinc.com/careers/internships.php
ASME Internship program
In addition to applying for the ESSENCE Communications Summer Internship Program, we suggest that you contact the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME), which acts as a clearinghouse for internships available within the publishing industry. You must complete an application to be considered for their 10-week program for rising college seniors at magazines in New York City and Washington, D.C. For more information, click here
Disclaimer: Please read before submitting application
By submitting the email, I acknowledge that all the information I have provided in this document is accurate and true. I also fully comprehend that filling out this application form does not guarantee an internship with ESSENCE. I will be contacted by Human Resources, and may be scheduled for meetings and/or interviews before any decisions are made regarding my internship. Pending acceptance into the Internship Program at ESSENCE, I understand that I will have access to the companies facilities only during my scheduled times to work, unless otherwise requested by my supervisor. If I am under 21 years of age, I will not attend any company events at locations where alcohol is served. I agree to conduct myself in a professional manner at all times. I promise that I will not remove company property from the premises and understand that by doing so, I will immediately be dismissed from my internship and my parents and/or supervisor will be contacted. Upon completion of my internship, my name badge and any access cards must be returned to the Human Resources Department. I also acknowledge the fact that the completion of the Internship.