EMPOWERMENTSunday - 1:20PM: The Convention Center's Great Hall
Vanessa Bush is editor-in-chief of ESSENCE, responsible for overseeing the content and vision for the preeminent magazine for Black women. Bush joined ESSENCE more than a decade ago as Beauty and Fashion Features Editor. In 2003, she was named Lifestyle Editor and was promoted to Executive Editor in 2005. Prior to joining ESSENCE, she served in a variety of editorial capacities at publications such as Life and Glamour. She is also the coauthor of the best-selling beauty and empowerment book, Tyra Banks Beauty Inside & Out. Bush received a B.A., cum laude, in English and American Literature from Harvard University, and a M.S. in magazine concentration from Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: Mom-To-Be Street Style: Alicia Keys is seen out and about in New York City. http://t.co/wIZqBplYnk
- @essencefest: The friend in all our heads Wendy Williams hosted a benefit for The American Heart Association in NYC. http://t.co/mAlx46LL92
- @essencefest: Working It Out! #EssenceFest alum Keri Hilson at a Pretty Girls Sweat event at Andrew & Walter Young YMCA in Atlanta. http://t.co/Sr22WodFUB
- @essencefest: Andre the Actor: Andre Benjamin shares his feelings on playing Jimi Hendrix in the new biopic http://t.co/30lcwAlhqy http://t.co/n0mec1bnI0
- @essencefest: Special Guest: #EssenceFest alum Maxwell in the VIP Lounge at the 2014 Global Citizen Festival in NYC. http://t.co/DERnV5PGia
- @essencefest: International Style: Serena Williams at the China Open Player Party in Beijing. http://t.co/bcDfWoTlnE
- @essencefest: Rush Hour Jam: To all those sisters out there who know they're "More Than a Woman" - Aaliyah. http://t.co/tkmcCpkt1m
- @essencefest: Mother and son outing: Holly Robinson-Peete and Rodney Peete Jr. at the 2014 Muhammad Ali Humanitarian Awards in Louisville....