EMPOWERMENTSunday - 1:20PM: The Convention Center's Great Hall
Vanessa Bush is editor-in-chief of ESSENCE, responsible for overseeing the content and vision for the preeminent magazine for Black women. Bush joined ESSENCE more than a decade ago as Beauty and Fashion Features Editor. In 2003, she was named Lifestyle Editor and was promoted to Executive Editor in 2005. Prior to joining ESSENCE, she served in a variety of editorial capacities at publications such as Life and Glamour. She is also the coauthor of the best-selling beauty and empowerment book, Tyra Banks Beauty Inside & Out. Bush received a B.A., cum laude, in English and American Literature from Harvard University, and a M.S. in magazine concentration from Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: NOW PLAYING artist @Lecrae talks keeping his marriage first and faith based relationship solid as an entertainer: http://t.co/tvvVebRBDF
- @essencefest: NOW PLAYING artist @LeCrae shares how he balances marriage, faith, and success: http://t.co/Nu4KgV6Mad http://t.co/qMPKsyYH4p #EssenceFest
- @essencefest: RT @jamaicanmae: Super geeked that @fatbellybella @maryjblige will be headlining the main stage at the @essencefest!
- @essencefest: Candid moments with our #MCM, #EssenceFest performer @TreySongz: http://t.co/ngIq62pbhq
- @essencefest: EXCLUSIVE: Listen to @VeronikaBozema's Hot New Track From This Week's @EmpireFOX: http://t.co/jaZk1pz6kq
- @essencefest: 2015 #EssenceFest performer @TreySongz knows how to steam up a screen: http://t.co/qnlsumGnAE http://t.co/ZWbKyLXiUn
- @essencefest: 5 times @KevinHart4real KILLED us with comedy: http://t.co/BSbzyzPgvQ
- @essencefest: Who's NEW at the 2015 #EssenceFestival: http://t.co/5OA3Qi7UkI http://t.co/uvB5EVsWiU
Festival Text Alerts
Sign up for mobile text alerts to be one of the first to know how we’re bringing the love in 2015 with the biggest and best Festival to date!