EMPOWERMENTSunday - 1:20PM: The Convention Center's Great Hall
Vanessa Bush is editor-in-chief of ESSENCE, responsible for overseeing the content and vision for the preeminent magazine for Black women. Bush joined ESSENCE more than a decade ago as Beauty and Fashion Features Editor. In 2003, she was named Lifestyle Editor and was promoted to Executive Editor in 2005. Prior to joining ESSENCE, she served in a variety of editorial capacities at publications such as Life and Glamour. She is also the coauthor of the best-selling beauty and empowerment book, Tyra Banks Beauty Inside & Out. Bush received a B.A., cum laude, in English and American Literature from Harvard University, and a M.S. in magazine concentration from Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: Hot Stepper: Alfonso Ribeiro prepares to strut his stuff on "Dancing with the Stars - Season 19". http://t.co/UTFh0XA1wv
- @essencefest: Casting Call: Laurence Fishburne, Tracee Ellis Ross & Anthony Anderson at the 'PaleyFest Fall TV Preview" for ABC in Beverly Hills....
- @essencefest: Midday Music: Shalamar's "Second Time Around" http://t.co/RV8uEFQsrm
- @essencefest: The Wades on Holiday: The newlyweds share some of their fun on an island in the Maldives. http://t.co/dd3tKgtgHQ
- @essencefest: Monday Swoon! Here's Denzel Wells from the new show "If Loving You Is Wrong" to get your week started #EyeCandy. http://t.co/EBalDHWrOE...
- @essencefest: Who do you want by your side tonigh? Sam Smith's "Stay with Me" featuring Mary J. Blige. http://t.co/dpayrPIIry
- @essencefest: Kandi and Todd got together for a little dinner with his mom recently. Who got in some family time this weekend? http://t.co/MquF8HwI7F
- @essencefest: The honeymooners: Gabrielle and D. Wade share some photos from their adventure in Tanzania. http://t.co/1iIjYemwHJ