EMPOWERMENTSunday - 1:20PM: The Convention Center's Great Hall
Vanessa Bush is editor-in-chief of ESSENCE, responsible for overseeing the content and vision for the preeminent magazine for Black women. Bush joined ESSENCE more than a decade ago as Beauty and Fashion Features Editor. In 2003, she was named Lifestyle Editor and was promoted to Executive Editor in 2005. Prior to joining ESSENCE, she served in a variety of editorial capacities at publications such as Life and Glamour. She is also the coauthor of the best-selling beauty and empowerment book, Tyra Banks Beauty Inside & Out. Bush received a B.A., cum laude, in English and American Literature from Harvard University, and a M.S. in magazine concentration from Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: A Formal Family: Alicia Keys and Swizz Beat at the 2014 Angel Ball at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City. http://t.co/VK2TpxHhGe
- @essencefest: Two Step: Jamie Foxx and Tina Knowles at the Angel Ball 2014 hosted by Gabrielle's Angel Foundation in NYC. http://t.co/iXm0gghFtZ
- @essencefest: #TurnOutForWhat: President Obama casts a ballot in early voting for the 2014 midterm elections in Chicago. http://t.co/4UxPLY1Mav
- @essencefest: Unplugged: #EssenceFest alum Elle Varner onstage at the V-103 Acoustic Sunday in Atlanta. http://t.co/rNmrhiQPcf
- @essencefest: Family Stand: The Peete and children at the 9th Annual Denim & Diamonds for Autism event in Westlake Village, California....
- @essencefest: #EssenceFest recommends: @SIFMA Diversity and Inclusion Conference November 13-14 in St. Louis, MO. http://t.co/4Ik6Q3AFjt
- @essencefest: Lupita Nyong'o rocks an LBD at the Sindika Dokolo Art Foundation dinner at Cafe Royal in London. http://t.co/8yBi3NHrj5
- @essencefest: Fashion Statement: #EssenceFest alum Mary J Blige at the Alexander Wang X H&M Launch in New York City. http://t.co/zWWMaqDge7