EMPOWERMENTSunday - 1:20PM: The Convention Center's Great Hall
Vanessa Bush is editor-in-chief of ESSENCE, responsible for overseeing the content and vision for the preeminent magazine for Black women. Bush joined ESSENCE more than a decade ago as Beauty and Fashion Features Editor. In 2003, she was named Lifestyle Editor and was promoted to Executive Editor in 2005. Prior to joining ESSENCE, she served in a variety of editorial capacities at publications such as Life and Glamour. She is also the coauthor of the best-selling beauty and empowerment book, Tyra Banks Beauty Inside & Out. Bush received a B.A., cum laude, in English and American Literature from Harvard University, and a M.S. in magazine concentration from Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: VIP Guest: Garcelle Beauvais at the TROA denim event at Barneys in Los Angeles. http://t.co/gn4gFlo7KW
- @essencefest: To have John Legend perform at your wedding? #BridalBlissWin! Congrats Regina and Ramondo. http://t.co/EgELvywYr9 http://t.co/6rLAGIocO5
- @essencefest: First Mom: FLOTUS spotted returning to the White House from a parent/teacher conference at Sidwell Friends School. http://t.co/xcTcgf3hLx
- @essencefest: Brandy gives us a casual chic look at Compound in Atlanta. http://t.co/Gw877rRfzZ
- @essencefest: For the win! Serena Williams received the Billie Jean King trophy at the BNP Paribas WTA Finals in Singapore. http://t.co/K5HmLbGDvM
- @essencefest: Funny Man: Chris Rock at Celebrity Charades 2014: Judgment Day in New York City. http://t.co/ov2V36nQPZ
- @essencefest: White Hot: NBC Television Anchor Tamron Hall at a dinner and awards event in New York City. http://t.co/IcFYZMvD41
- @essencefest: "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them...