EMPOWERMENT Friday - 2:35PM
Tamika D. Mallory is a nationally recognized civil rights activist and a fiery and outspoken champion for social justice. Her tireless activism earned her public praise as “a leader of tomorrow” by Senior Advisor to President Barack Obama, Valerie B. Jarrett. Founder of Mallory Consulting, a strategic planning firm in New York City, she is a regular contributor for Essence Magazine and NewsOne.com, and has been featured on national outlets such TV One, CNN, MSNBC and BET. Known for her anti-violence work, she is currently co-chair of an initiative of New York City, Gun Violence Awareness Month.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: Saturday Style: Queen Latifah's stylist Timothy Snell shares curvy girl style secrets. http://t.co/7f2ehsu7LD http://t.co/eQ6znbxnaN
- @essencefest: Get this day started with Ludacris and "Roll Out" http://t.co/BYQ1qs50xv
- @essencefest: First class ticket: NeNe Leakes seen at LAX in Los Angeles. Where are you headed off to this weekend? http://t.co/uX1lhEo1Zg
- @essencefest: It's the weekend! Have a little "Fantasy" time. Get moving with Mariah Carey. http://t.co/OcNDk5USRR
- @essencefest: Reality Star: Vanessa Simmons celebrated the premiere of Lifetime's new series "Project Runway: THREADS" in New York. http://t.co/08rJKkk2du
- @essencefest: RT @RushionMcDonald: @IAmSteveHarvey talking about how to #ActLikeASuccess at @essencefest 2014 http://t.co/poSLvnOrfL
- @essencefest: Broadway's Best: Phylicia Rashad at The Public Theater's opening night celebration of 'The Fortress Of Solitude' in NYC....
- @essencefest: Thrilled to support young trailblazers! Congrats on @yeswecode?s first ever #hackathon for My Brother?s Keeper #PA http://t.co/8gZZFv2VmZ