EMPOWERMENT Friday - 2:35PM
Lauren N. Williams is the news editor of ESSENCE magazine. She's responsible for assigning various in-depth feature stories, profiles, special reports and commentaries for the news section and feature well. Previously, Williams was at More, where she covered entertainment and culture as associate editor. Prior to this, she was an editorial assistant at Marie Claire, where she edited several front-of-book pages and wrote across the international news, lifestyle, and career sections. She also helped launch the magazine’s periodical career supplement, Marie Claire @Work. In addition, Williams has worked in marketing at Redbook and Harper’s Bazaar. A native of Brooklyn, she holds a B.A. from Georgetown University.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: Rush Hour Jam: A shout out to all our shining stars courtesy of Earth, Wind & Fire! http://t.co/EpwbWNRU0u
- @essencefest: C'est si bon: OINTB's Uzo Aduba at the Netflix launch party at Le Faust in Paris, France. http://t.co/SoQig3a3Y2
- @essencefest: Return to TV: Jada Pinkett Smith at the "Gotham" series premiere at The New York Public Library. http://t.co/VjpUAUNye7
- @essencefest: Kelly Rowland is looking fit & fab as we count down to big day. Check out some of our fav baby bump looks. http://t.co/RXyTW9heFg...
- @essencefest: Morning Music: "When the sun rises, we'll shine together" - Rihanna "Umbrella" http://t.co/GTXG9TtdPc
- @essencefest: Hot Stepper: Alfonso Ribeiro prepares to strut his stuff on "Dancing with the Stars - Season 19". http://t.co/UTFh0XA1wv
- @essencefest: Casting Call: Laurence Fishburne, Tracee Ellis Ross & Anthony Anderson at the 'PaleyFest Fall TV Preview" for ABC in Beverly Hills....
- @essencefest: Midday Music: Shalamar's "Second Time Around" http://t.co/RV8uEFQsrm