EMPOWERMENT Friday - 2:35PM
Lauren N. Williams is the news editor of ESSENCE magazine. She's responsible for assigning various in-depth feature stories, profiles, special reports and commentaries for the news section and feature well. Previously, Williams was at More, where she covered entertainment and culture as associate editor. Prior to this, she was an editorial assistant at Marie Claire, where she edited several front-of-book pages and wrote across the international news, lifestyle, and career sections. She also helped launch the magazine’s periodical career supplement, Marie Claire @Work. In addition, Williams has worked in marketing at Redbook and Harper’s Bazaar. A native of Brooklyn, she holds a B.A. from Georgetown University.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: Have you purchased your tickets to #EssenceFest2015, yet? http://t.co/RZtyhOzLaN
- @essencefest: When it comes to making small businesses a big success, @SmallBizLady has got you covered. Meet our #WEW pick. http://t.co/cNh2zbtCOg
- @essencefest: This #WCW, we salute all of the lovely women of #EssenceFest2015. http://t.co/Uwb6S579pR
- @essencefest: "It's up to us to choose, whether we win or lose and I choose to win." - Classic Mary J. Blige.
- @essencefest: Don't miss #PowerMovesDetroit April 13-15, an open showcase of entrepreneurs of color: http://t.co/Zz30YSErtC
- @essencefest: Don't forget to buy your tickets to #ESSENCEFEST2015! http://t.co/E1OTxbLOex
- @essencefest: You go girl! #EssenceFest fave, @indiaarie, is set to make an appearance on #BeingMaryJane, tonight! http://t.co/xqUaHSTaU3
- @essencefest: We love these guys! 5 things you should know about our #EssenceFest newcomers, @NicoandVinz. http://t.co/wEWUmXSKNQ
Festival Text Alerts
Sign up for mobile text alerts to be one of the first to know how we’re bringing the love in 2015 with the biggest and best Festival to date!