Edith Johns has amassed decades of knowledge navigating school systems in and surrounding Los Angeles, California to ensure educational excellence for her son, David J. Johns, Executive Director of the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans, daughter Melinda Johns, an optician and granddaughter Jordyn Stone a 6th grader. A fierce advocate for access to high quality educational opportunities, Ms. Johns was born in Austin, Texas, attended Northridge University, and currently resides in Inglewood, California.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: A Formal Family: Alicia Keys and Swizz Beat at the 2014 Angel Ball at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City. http://t.co/VK2TpxHhGe
- @essencefest: Two Step: Jamie Foxx and Tina Knowles at the Angel Ball 2014 hosted by Gabrielle's Angel Foundation in NYC. http://t.co/iXm0gghFtZ
- @essencefest: #TurnOutForWhat: President Obama casts a ballot in early voting for the 2014 midterm elections in Chicago. http://t.co/4UxPLY1Mav
- @essencefest: Unplugged: #EssenceFest alum Elle Varner onstage at the V-103 Acoustic Sunday in Atlanta. http://t.co/rNmrhiQPcf
- @essencefest: Family Stand: The Peete and children at the 9th Annual Denim & Diamonds for Autism event in Westlake Village, California....
- @essencefest: #EssenceFest recommends: @SIFMA Diversity and Inclusion Conference November 13-14 in St. Louis, MO. http://t.co/4Ik6Q3AFjt
- @essencefest: Lupita Nyong'o rocks an LBD at the Sindika Dokolo Art Foundation dinner at Cafe Royal in London. http://t.co/8yBi3NHrj5
- @essencefest: Fashion Statement: #EssenceFest alum Mary J Blige at the Alexander Wang X H&M Launch in New York City. http://t.co/zWWMaqDge7