Edith Johns has amassed decades of knowledge navigating school systems in and surrounding Los Angeles, California to ensure educational excellence for her son, David J. Johns, Executive Director of the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans, daughter Melinda Johns, an optician and granddaughter Jordyn Stone a 6th grader. A fierce advocate for access to high quality educational opportunities, Ms. Johns was born in Austin, Texas, attended Northridge University, and currently resides in Inglewood, California.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: Must see TV: Did you catch contestant Elyjuh Rene perform "XO" on "The Voice"? Check out his chair turning rendition http://t.co/cqIOf2JFid
- @essencefest: Rush Hour Jam: Hope it "Feels Good" to end the day! http://t.co/rXl9OKOGwD
- @essencefest: Broadway Beauty: Ashanti at 'The Lion King' on Broadway in New York City.
- @essencefest: Red Carpet Ready: Tamron Hall at the "The Equalizer" New York premiere at AMC Lincoln Square Theater. http://t.co/xvmY10J5uH
- @essencefest: Going Green! Robin Roberts at the 2014 Social Good Summit at 92Y in New York City. http://t.co/KS8Xau2WHH
- @essencefest: Good morning Kerry! The star of "Scandal" stops by "Good Morning America" to promote the season premiere. http://t.co/Kh0nIZ6Hk8
- @essencefest: "Choose to be all of you...to not minimize your greatness so that others are comfortable in your presence!" - Lisa Nichols #Empowerment...
- @essencefest: Ready for Primetime: Viola Davis at the ABC #TGIT Premiere Event in West Hollywood. http://t.co/F2tKXWHRLC