Edith Johns has amassed decades of knowledge navigating school systems in and surrounding Los Angeles, California to ensure educational excellence for her son, David J. Johns, Executive Director of the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans, daughter Melinda Johns, an optician and granddaughter Jordyn Stone a 6th grader. A fierce advocate for access to high quality educational opportunities, Ms. Johns was born in Austin, Texas, attended Northridge University, and currently resides in Inglewood, California.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: Star Power: Halle Berry and Djimon Hounsou at CAA's School Day Benefiting Communities In Schools of Los Angeles in Beverly Hills....
- @essencefest: Groundbreaking! Congrats to Gospel rapper LeCrae on his #1 Billboard album "Anomaly" http://t.co/QLZbGGw3Ah http://t.co/tFzJQzOLdj
- @essencefest: Need some thoughts for your outfits this week? Check out this Street Style NY Fashion Week gallery! http://t.co/ymKJcp4OLp...
- @essencefest: Sunday Brunch: What's on your plate today? http://t.co/NBg1z8FrFq
- @essencefest: Say "Yes" because it all belongs to Him. Be inspired by Michelle Williams. http://t.co/NfC3TtSdyr
- @essencefest: The DJ had Usher falling in love. What will the DJ do to you tonight? http://t.co/u1QGKrI5r1
- @essencefest: Saturday selfie style: Need a look for tonight? Check out these haute dos we found online. http://t.co/61idMXTgfy http://t.co/tyGSza0aTK
- @essencefest: J'adore! Check out Sonovia and Ian's beautiful engagement photos in Paris! #JustEngaged http://t.co/kzJJJODdiR http://t.co/tRbq1BxGcU