Edith Johns has amassed decades of knowledge navigating school systems in and surrounding Los Angeles, California to ensure educational excellence for her son, David J. Johns, Executive Director of the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans, daughter Melinda Johns, an optician and granddaughter Jordyn Stone a 6th grader. A fierce advocate for access to high quality educational opportunities, Ms. Johns was born in Austin, Texas, attended Northridge University, and currently resides in Inglewood, California.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: Rush Hour Jam: To all those sisters out there who know they're "More Than a Woman" - Aaliyah. http://t.co/tkmcCpkt1m
- @essencefest: Mother and son outing: Holly Robinson-Peete and Rodney Peete Jr. at the 2014 Muhammad Ali Humanitarian Awards in Louisville....
- @essencefest: Couple for a Cause: Viola Davis and husband Julius Tennon at The Rape Foundation's Annual Brunch in Beverly Hills. http://t.co/bo1ZTfbAxI
- @essencefest: Now Boarding: Rihanna spotted in a causal and chic look at JFK airport in New York. http://t.co/5gfEY7nmol
- @essencefest: Very Special Guests: The Obamas on stage at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Annual Phoenix Awards in DC. http://t.co/015kBcVuVV
- @essencefest: Well suited: Tyler Perry at the premiere of "Gone Girl" during the 52nd New York Film Festival. http://t.co/UVsxB21FsB
- @essencefest: Star Visit: Omar Epps stopped by the SiriusXM Studios in NYC. http://t.co/jcarq6xdHS
- @essencefest: Mommy & Me: Christina Milian and her daughter Violet were seen leaving the doctors office in Beverly Hills. http://t.co/ySKj5H66GI