Edith Johns has amassed decades of knowledge navigating school systems in and surrounding Los Angeles, California to ensure educational excellence for her son, David J. Johns, Executive Director of the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans, daughter Melinda Johns, an optician and granddaughter Jordyn Stone a 6th grader. A fierce advocate for access to high quality educational opportunities, Ms. Johns was born in Austin, Texas, attended Northridge University, and currently resides in Inglewood, California.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: #JustEngaged! Jamila Phillips and Washington Redskins' Chris Baker. http://t.co/Lzlu7F3vIs http://t.co/xOhVkpLkus
- @essencefest: Celeb visit: Tamar Braxton stopped by ESSENCE to talk about the third season of her hit reality show "Tamar & Vince". http://t.co/q2itJrUnFc
- @essencefest: Style Icon: The world remembers #OscarDeLaRenta. Check out some of our fav celebs in some of his amazing looks. http://t.co/7TJjwc3sJS...
- @essencefest: Golden Ticket: Star Jones at the Angel Ball 2014 hosted by Gabrielle's Angel Foundation at Cipriani Wall Street. http://t.co/XMMZbfiu3k
- @essencefest: Brooklyn's Finest: Spike Lee and honoree Rosie Perez at the Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation's annual benefit dinner....
- @essencefest: A Formal Family: Alicia Keys and Swizz Beat at the 2014 Angel Ball at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City. http://t.co/VK2TpxHhGe
- @essencefest: Two Step: Jamie Foxx and Tina Knowles at the Angel Ball 2014 hosted by Gabrielle's Angel Foundation in NYC. http://t.co/iXm0gghFtZ
- @essencefest: #TurnOutForWhat: President Obama casts a ballot in early voting for the 2014 midterm elections in Chicago. http://t.co/4UxPLY1Mav