David J. Johns
David J. Johns
EMPOWERMENT Saturday - 3:50PM
David Johns is executive director of the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans. Prior to joining the Department, Johns was a senior education policy advisor to the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) under the leadership of Sen. Tom Harkin. Before working for the Senate HELP committee under Chairman Harkin. Johns served under the leadership of the late Sen. Ted Kennedy. Johns also was a Congressional Black Caucus Foundation.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: Don't miss #PowerMovesDetroit April 13-15, an open showcase of entrepreneurs of color: http://t.co/Zz30YSErtC
- @essencefest: Don't forget to buy your tickets to #ESSENCEFEST2015! http://t.co/E1OTxbLOex
- @essencefest: You go girl! #EssenceFest fave, @indiaarie, is set to make an appearance on #BeingMaryJane, tonight! http://t.co/xqUaHSTaU3
- @essencefest: We love these guys! 5 things you should know about our #EssenceFest newcomers, @NicoandVinz. http://t.co/wEWUmXSKNQ
- @essencefest: "Follow your heart. It will get you to where you need to be. Sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's easy? But continue to follow it." - E. Badu
- @essencefest: RT @essencemag: 7 love lessons learned from @fatbellybella's 'New Amerykah Part Two (Return of the Ankh)': http://t.co/vmEMzd99Fq http://t?
- @essencefest: Where else can you see @KevinHart4real, @Usher, @MissyElliott in one weekend? Get your tickets to #ESSENCEFEST2015! http://t.co/TXj2dTFExS
- @essencefest: [INTERVIEW] Read how #ESSENCEFest Empower U's @SarahDjakes & @toureroberts keep God first in their relationship: http://t.co/YzKYdVpt2H
Festival Text Alerts
Sign up for mobile text alerts to be one of the first to know how we’re bringing the love in 2015 with the biggest and best Festival to date!