EMPOWERMENT Saturday - 3:30PM: The Convention Center's Great Hall
Beverly Bond is a dynamo in true form having blazed trails in the music, entertainment and social entrepreneurship industries. In 2006, Bond founded BLACK GIRLS ROCK! a global movement designed to empower, educate, and inspire women and girls. Bond is also the creator of the two-time NAACP award winning BLACK GIRLS ROCK! Awards on BET. Bond’s outstanding work continues to make her one of the most celebrated DJs, producers and social innovators of our time.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: Rush Hour Jam: To all those sisters out there who know they're "More Than a Woman" - Aaliyah. http://t.co/tkmcCpkt1m
- @essencefest: Mother and son outing: Holly Robinson-Peete and Rodney Peete Jr. at the 2014 Muhammad Ali Humanitarian Awards in Louisville....
- @essencefest: Couple for a Cause: Viola Davis and husband Julius Tennon at The Rape Foundation's Annual Brunch in Beverly Hills. http://t.co/bo1ZTfbAxI
- @essencefest: Now Boarding: Rihanna spotted in a causal and chic look at JFK airport in New York. http://t.co/5gfEY7nmol
- @essencefest: Very Special Guests: The Obamas on stage at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Annual Phoenix Awards in DC. http://t.co/015kBcVuVV
- @essencefest: Well suited: Tyler Perry at the premiere of "Gone Girl" during the 52nd New York Film Festival. http://t.co/UVsxB21FsB
- @essencefest: Star Visit: Omar Epps stopped by the SiriusXM Studios in NYC. http://t.co/jcarq6xdHS
- @essencefest: Mommy & Me: Christina Milian and her daughter Violet were seen leaving the doctors office in Beverly Hills. http://t.co/ySKj5H66GI