EMPOWERMENT Saturday - 3:30PM: The Convention Center's Great Hall
Beverly Bond is a dynamo in true form having blazed trails in the music, entertainment and social entrepreneurship industries. In 2006, Bond founded BLACK GIRLS ROCK! a global movement designed to empower, educate, and inspire women and girls. Bond is also the creator of the two-time NAACP award winning BLACK GIRLS ROCK! Awards on BET. Bond’s outstanding work continues to make her one of the most celebrated DJs, producers and social innovators of our time.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: Broadway's Best: Phylicia Rashad at The Public Theater's opening night celebration of 'The Fortress Of Solitude' in NYC....
- @essencefest: Thrilled to support young trailblazers! Congrats on @yeswecode?s first ever #hackathon for My Brother?s Keeper #PA http://t.co/8gZZFv2VmZ
- @essencefest: Hip Hop Style: #EssenceFest alum Eve at the MOBO Awards at SSE Arena in London, England. http://t.co/peoiBkKSPZ
- @essencefest: Celeb Visit: Mary J. Blige at the WDAS and Power 99 Performance Theater in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania. http://t.co/WxLeGSndYL
- @essencefest: Star clientele: Lupita Nyong'o seen at Bally store opening on New Bond Street in London. http://t.co/nuQbistQBF
- @essencefest: RT @dreamersacademy: Just one week left to apply for #DDA2015 with @IAmSteveHarvey and @essencemag! Apply today: http://t.co/BzVcxUMm7M
- @essencefest: Rush Hour Jam: Wishing you make it home safely tonight. Jaheim's "Just In Case" http://t.co/nPZOpCJBWG
- @essencefest: Baller: Matt Kemp on from the sideline at the National Football League Monday Night Football game in Pittsburgh. http://t.co/Mau60589Bo