Sunday - 9:35 PM
Houston native Robert Glasper had a strong musical influence in his mother who played piano and sang gospel music in church and jazz clubs. After studying at The New School University, Glasper began performing with Christian McBride, Kenny Garrett, Terence Blanchard, and Roy Hargrove. Glasper signed to Blue Note Records after his debut album Mood in 2003. Two acclaimed acoustic albums followed—Canvas (2005) and In My Element (2007). His 2009 album Double-Booked juxtaposed his acoustic Trio and hip hop-infused Experiment band. RGX’s 2012 breakout Black Radio featured notable vocalists and laid out a new paradigm for creative music reaching beyond genre boundaries to create a singular vision that drew from all reaches of contemporary black music and won Best R&B Album at the 2013 GRAMMY(R) Awards. Black Radio 2 (2013) is another RGX genre-defying effort that took the Black Radio blueprint to even greater heights.
- @essencefest: RT @mcondition: We will be returning to Philadelphia on Friday, August 7th to perform with our good friends Ledisi & Eric Benet at the Dell?
- @essencefest: RT @singersroom: #Videos: (@KeyshiaCole) Keyshia Cole - She http://t.co/wbtj1xXWVI
- @essencefest: Questlove's Three Favorite Most-Unlikely Duets of All Time http://t.co/6t1tDrbuu3 via @EssenceMag
- @essencefest: RT @newsone: Talking with @MayorSRB and @MayorLandrieu on the @tvonetv #NewsOneNow @essencefest Special. http://t.co/nu8dY1IQiE
- @essencefest: Another Braxton sister releases new music! Check out @TraciBraxton's new single, "Last Call". https://t.co/caAcydHZzi
- @essencefest: RT @essencemag: .@Questlove's Three Favorite Duets of All Time http://t.co/zYtK466b1m
- @essencefest: RT @postano: A recap of un-seen-before Social Media Visualizations at @essencefest by @Postano! #casestudy #eventprofs http://t.co/PISlvDPO?
- @essencefest: Check out Boyz II Men's new video. Do we love it? https://t.co/WHF3rRmGr6