2 sets Sunday - 8:35 PM & 9:50 PM
Three-time Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter Raheem DeVaughn, son of renowned jazz musician Abdul Wadud has become one of modern soul’s most beloved artists. Despite DeVaughn’s success, he persistently grinds—releasing over 15 mixtapes over the past 9 years, in addition to his most current and fourth studio album, “A Place Called Love Land” (September 2013). Continuing to set the bar higher for himself in music and in life with his humanitarian efforts, he partnered with the USO in Europe in 2010 to perform for hundreds of U.S. troops and their families and launched his very own internet-based Radio Show. In 2011, he was awarded The Key to the City by Washington, D.C.’s Mayor Vincent Gray for his work with HIV/AIDS; and recently, founded and launched The LoveLife Foundation, whose mission is dedicated to improving lives through social development, education, health and wellness.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: Celebs for a Cause: Ne-Yo and Swizz Beatz at The Children's Rights Ninth Annual Benefit at The Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers in NYC....
- @essencefest: Total Treat: T.I. salutes the crowd at an event in New York City. http://t.co/fs1rB0C19C
- @essencefest: Out & ABout: #EssenceFest alum Beyonce and Jay Z seen in midtown in New York City. http://t.co/fpCZ7LpERy
- @essencefest: Red Carpet Glam: Rihanna at the 2014 amfAR LA Inspiration Gala at Milk Studios in Hollywood. http://t.co/3raBHSOJD5
- @essencefest: Funny Lady: Sherri Shepherd joins Robin Roberts as a guest on "Good Morning America" in New York. http://t.co/z1JxvSzB5b
- @essencefest: Date Night: Niecy Nash and Jay Tucker at the season two premiere of HBO's "Getting On" at the Avalon in Hollywood. http://t.co/sqK0LiJ8Tq
- @essencefest: VIP Guest: Garcelle Beauvais at the TROA denim event at Barneys in Los Angeles. http://t.co/gn4gFlo7KW
- @essencefest: To have John Legend perform at your wedding? #BridalBlissWin! Congrats Regina and Ramondo. http://t.co/EgELvywYr9 http://t.co/6rLAGIocO5