Friday - 7:25 PM
Leela James focuses on what makes an undeniable star — talent, drive, and an unforgettable voice. Those powers are reflected on her upcoming fourth studio album and a new single “Say That,” her sultry duet with Anthony Hamilton. What sets Ms. James apart is her fearless approach to making music. She’s transparent, and reminds her audience of what it is to be human – to love, to regret, and to dream. Though James is on the slow, steady burn towards musical success, it’s hardly her sole focus. She’s taken the past several years to cultivate a fulfilling home life.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: A Formal Family: Alicia Keys and Swizz Beat at the 2014 Angel Ball at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City. http://t.co/VK2TpxHhGe
- @essencefest: Two Step: Jamie Foxx and Tina Knowles at the Angel Ball 2014 hosted by Gabrielle's Angel Foundation in NYC. http://t.co/iXm0gghFtZ
- @essencefest: #TurnOutForWhat: President Obama casts a ballot in early voting for the 2014 midterm elections in Chicago. http://t.co/4UxPLY1Mav
- @essencefest: Unplugged: #EssenceFest alum Elle Varner onstage at the V-103 Acoustic Sunday in Atlanta. http://t.co/rNmrhiQPcf
- @essencefest: Family Stand: The Peete and children at the 9th Annual Denim & Diamonds for Autism event in Westlake Village, California....
- @essencefest: #EssenceFest recommends: @SIFMA Diversity and Inclusion Conference November 13-14 in St. Louis, MO. http://t.co/4Ik6Q3AFjt
- @essencefest: Lupita Nyong'o rocks an LBD at the Sindika Dokolo Art Foundation dinner at Cafe Royal in London. http://t.co/8yBi3NHrj5
- @essencefest: Fashion Statement: #EssenceFest alum Mary J Blige at the Alexander Wang X H&M Launch in New York City. http://t.co/zWWMaqDge7