Friday - 7:25 PM
For talented R&B/Hip Hop singer/songwriter/pianist Kevin Ross, having his upcoming debut album, Dialogue in the Gray, get released on Motown Records in partnership with Verve Music Group and The Bar Entertainment, is a thrill, not least because he grew up idolizing Stevie Wonder, but his real goal is to make a mark in 2014, not merely try to repeat past glories. His entire approach is to blend the old-school soul music of his parents’ generation with the post-hip-hop cutting edge of today, which becomes clear on songs like the finger-snapping street corner doo-wop of the introspective “Pick You Up” or the hybrid R&B/rap of his interpretation of Kanye West’s “(Don’t) Say You Will,” featuring T.I.
- @essencefest: Quiet Storm: Vintage Jill Scott, anyone? Let's take, a long walk... http://t.co/xm6OSx8Vju
- @essencefest: Much love to @postano for making our 2014 #ESSENCEFest super super super social! http://t.co/9v1ZBX0DOT
- @essencefest: Ok, tell us what you think of Latoya Jackson's new single. Yay? Nay? https://t.co/KpqshZLuds
- @essencefest: Smokey Robinson is back! Check out his duet with @maryjblige. We love it.. https://t.co/CNMNhps0mW
- @essencefest: Do we love this new Lenny Kravitz single? https://t.co/5RTWqCPkPM #MusicMonday
- @essencefest: Our #EmpowerU series at #ESSENCEFest delivered on its promise. Here's the recap: http://t.co/nsuh3wvcBP
- @essencefest: RT @hollywoodlvwork: RT @Mekaeg: @BlackGirlsCode?s had a blast at the #YesWeCode Tech Village during @essencefest this year. See photos! ht?
- @essencefest: RT @essencemag: Watch what 4 words #ChadwickBoseman heard from director, #TateTaylor to convince him to star in @GetOnUpMovie. https://t.co?