Friday - 7:25 PM
For talented R&B/Hip Hop singer/songwriter/pianist Kevin Ross, having his upcoming debut album, Dialogue in the Gray, get released on Motown Records in partnership with Verve Music Group and The Bar Entertainment, is a thrill, not least because he grew up idolizing Stevie Wonder, but his real goal is to make a mark in 2014, not merely try to repeat past glories. His entire approach is to blend the old-school soul music of his parents’ generation with the post-hip-hop cutting edge of today, which becomes clear on songs like the finger-snapping street corner doo-wop of the introspective “Pick You Up” or the hybrid R&B/rap of his interpretation of Kanye West’s “(Don’t) Say You Will,” featuring T.I.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: Dedicate this song by Alexander O'Neal and Cherelle to your #SaturdayLove http://t.co/XyL2xgl7w9
- @essencefest: A mother's love: Beyonce pens a poem to Blue Ivy. http://t.co/EhCu6Us1bc http://t.co/OKUUI1qibT
- @essencefest: Girlfriends Getaway: The cast of "RHOA" were spotted on holiday in San Juan, PR. Are you hanging with your girls this weekend?...
- @essencefest: Saturday Hair Style: We loved the way the sisters rocked their looks at The Healthy Hair & Beauty Affair II. See more here...
- @essencefest: It's the holiday! Get away from the rush with Central Line "Walking Into Sunshine" http://t.co/5BlFVMP9Jx
- @essencefest: #happybirthday to the King of Pop MICHAEL JACKSON! We remember the way he made us feel. http://t.co/BvLA5kKidY
- @essencefest: InstaFam: Tracee Ellis Ross takes a photo with her brother Evan as they celebrate his birthday. http://t.co/PQFybNMAH6
- @essencefest: Mommy Time: Amber Rose shares a popsicle with her son Bash. What are you doing with the kids this weekend? http://t.co/5RxK46gjFm