Doug E Fresh
Doug E Fresh
Saturday - 9:00 PM
Doug E. Fresh is an American rapper, record producer, and beatboxer. One of the earliest beatboxers (and still seen as one of the best), Fresh is able to imitate drum machines and various special effects with often startling accuracy. Fresh’s early records are out of print, and have never been released on compact disc; thus original records can command high prices. Fresh became a major rap star in 1985. His single “The Show/La Di Da Di,” is considered an early hip hop classic. The iconic “Get Fresh Crew” featured DJs Barry B., Chill Will, and MC Ricky D (who would later achieve fame as Slick Rick).
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: Baller: Matt Kemp on from the sideline at the National Football League Monday Night Football game in Pittsburgh. http://t.co/Mau60589Bo
- @essencefest: Hip Hop Flavor: T.I. and Shad Moss (the artist formerly know as Bow Wow) hanging in New York City. http://t.co/yzDJ3TMkMR
- @essencefest: Pop of Color: LeToya Luckett at the 'Turn It Up For Change' Ball Benefiting LGBT Equality in New York City. http://t.co/TLyGFIvWUy
- @essencefest: So Chic: Robin Roberts at the Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards at The Waldorf Astoria in New York City. http://t.co/ypk3PlMrqy
- @essencefest: Hair and There: Chrisette Michele at the 2014 Restore Brooklyn Benefit at Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York City. http://t.co/bHsEPRz5wc
- @essencefest: #JustEngaged! Jamila Phillips and Washington Redskins' Chris Baker. http://t.co/Lzlu7F3vIs http://t.co/xOhVkpLkus
- @essencefest: Celeb visit: Tamar Braxton stopped by ESSENCE to talk about the third season of her hit reality show "Tamar & Vince". http://t.co/q2itJrUnFc
- @essencefest: Style Icon: The world remembers #OscarDeLaRenta. Check out some of our fav celebs in some of his amazing looks. http://t.co/7TJjwc3sJS...