Sunday - 8:25 PM
August Alsina was born and bred from the streets of New Orleans, Louisiana. His brother’s death, which came days before his 18th birthday, became his motivation to enter into the game & not become a statistic. The 21-year-old is pursuing his musical aspirations on an entirely new level. His recently inked deal with Def Jam Recordings looks to be a great step in the right direction. Already a lifetime of experiences behind him, August is living proof that your past does not have to dictate your future, and that life’s hardships can be the motivation required for success. Recently named one of Shazam’s “Artists to Watch for 2014”, and coming off a 30 city US tour this past February/March with 2 Chainz and Pusha T, bet on hearing a lot more from August Alsina for years to come.
- @essencefest: Quiet Storm: Come on home to me, Charlene..... http://t.co/3IlK4g5awc
- @essencefest: We're slowing down today's afternoon jam just a tad! His name is Charlie, last name Wilson... http://t.co/uj1jDPTNPN
- @essencefest: @ShePrissy1 two solid selections!
- @essencefest: Here's a glimpse at some of the James Brown's original costumes we saw at #ESSENCEFest. Who's ready for #GetOnUp?! http://t.co/eWGa901Lb9
- @essencefest: RT @CuzICan_DJ: WATCH: @RealMichelleW Performing At @essencefest 2014; Read: http://t.co/5zlkdTUFVx via @djmusicsite @unexpectedMW http://?
- @essencefest: RT @joetnewman: Great shot by @chadoubre during our @essencefest trip. http://t.co/XEOVpe3PRD
- @essencefest: Quiet Storm: "Smooth Operator" by the one and only Sade. http://t.co/vEkjAaDZSc
- @essencefest: Rush Hour Jam: "Love of My Life" by Common feat. Ms. Badu. (Common's new joint drops tomorrow!) http://t.co/zabFl1ZYDG