Sunday - 8:25 PM
August Alsina was born and bred from the streets of New Orleans, Louisiana. His brother’s death, which came days before his 18th birthday, became his motivation to enter into the game & not become a statistic. The 21-year-old is pursuing his musical aspirations on an entirely new level. His recently inked deal with Def Jam Recordings looks to be a great step in the right direction. Already a lifetime of experiences behind him, August is living proof that your past does not have to dictate your future, and that life’s hardships can be the motivation required for success. Recently named one of Shazam’s “Artists to Watch for 2014”, and coming off a 30 city US tour this past February/March with 2 Chainz and Pusha T, bet on hearing a lot more from August Alsina for years to come.
Latest News & Photos
- @essencefest: The friend in all our heads Wendy Williams hosted a benefit for The American Heart Association in NYC. http://t.co/mAlx46LL92
- @essencefest: Working It Out! #EssenceFest alum Keri Hilson at a Pretty Girls Sweat event at Andrew & Walter Young YMCA in Atlanta. http://t.co/Sr22WodFUB
- @essencefest: Andre the Actor: Andre Benjamin shares his feelings on playing Jimi Hendrix in the new biopic http://t.co/30lcwAlhqy http://t.co/n0mec1bnI0
- @essencefest: Special Guest: #EssenceFest alum Maxwell in the VIP Lounge at the 2014 Global Citizen Festival in NYC. http://t.co/DERnV5PGia
- @essencefest: International Style: Serena Williams at the China Open Player Party in Beijing. http://t.co/bcDfWoTlnE
- @essencefest: Rush Hour Jam: To all those sisters out there who know they're "More Than a Woman" - Aaliyah. http://t.co/tkmcCpkt1m
- @essencefest: Mother and son outing: Holly Robinson-Peete and Rodney Peete Jr. at the 2014 Muhammad Ali Humanitarian Awards in Louisville....
- @essencefest: Couple for a Cause: Viola Davis and husband Julius Tennon at The Rape Foundation's Annual Brunch in Beverly Hills. http://t.co/bo1ZTfbAxI