The late '90s were memorable for a number of reasons, and in 1997, the charts were full of songs that we still religiously listen to today.
If you're anything like us, we know you've been caught singing a '90s tune or two at the top of your lungs.
And while we couldn't fit every single song on our list — we wish we could — here are 15 songs from 1997 that are turning 20 this year. Take a walk down memory lane and thank us later.
1. Puff Daddy & Faith Evans ft. 112 - "I'll Be Missing You"
Written in remembrance of The Notorious B.I.G., the song further immortalized Biggie and aided fans in their grief.
2. Puff Daddy ft. Mase - "Can't Nobody Hold Me Down"
The first single from Diddy's debut album, "Can't Nobody Hold Me Down" became an instant banger.
3. Monica - "For You I Will"
The video for the singer's hit song combined two of our favorite things: 90s fashion and Space Jam.
4. Usher - "You Make Me Wanna"
Who knew that a song about a messy love triangle could be so smooth?
5. The Notorious B.I.G. - "Mo Money Mo Problems"
There isn't one person alive who doesn't sing at the top of their lungs when Kelly Price comes in with that catchy hook.
6. The Notorious B.I.G. - "Hypnotize"
Reaching number one on the Hot 100 chart a week after Biggie's death, the track made the rapper the fifth artist in history to have a song reach number one posthumously.
7. Babyface - "Every Time I Close My Eyes"
Numerous people have danced to this song at their wedding and in 1997 we're sure it was the song every couple claimed as their own.
8. Mariah Carey - "Honey"
The video showed a less conservative MiMi and rumors circulated that it was due to her failing marriage. Regardless, Mariah created an iconic video and iconic song.
9. Timbaland & Magoo ft. Missy Elliot and Aaliyah - "Up Jumps da Boogie"
Timbaland wasn't always solo. Before he was making massive waves in the industry, he was a member of hip hop duo Timbaland & Magoo, giving us a hit we will never forget.
10. Dru Hill - "Never Make a Promise"
The video feature 90s fave late actress Michelle Thomas and some really intense drama.
(Subscribe to our daily newsletter for the latest in hair, beauty, style and celebrity news.)
11. Foxy Brown ft. Jay Z - "I'll Be"
Peak Foxy Brown, choreographed dancers at a house party, and Jay Z in a pair of sunglasses can be purchased at just about any drugstore today.
12. 702 - "Get It Together"
For every sad girl or guy trying to figure out what to do in a relationship, this one's for you.
13. Lil' Kim ft. Da Brat, Missy Elliott, Angie Martinez, and Left Eye - "Ladies Night (Not Tonight Remix)"
The video for the single included Missy Elliot, Lil Kim, Angie Martinez, Da Brat, and Left Eye living it up and partying with Mary J. Blige, T-Boz, Queen Latifah, Blaque, Xscape, SWV, Total, Maia Campbell, and Changing Faces. ICONIC.
14. Aaliyah - "The One I Gave My Heart To"
There wasn't anyone on the planet in the late 90s who could sing about love, relationships, and womanhood the way Aaliyah could.
15. Brian McKnight ft. Mase and Kelly Price - "You Should Be Mine (Don't Waste Your Time)"
Brian McKnight and Mase? A peak R&B and hip hop collision.