We tested and selected the best sun protectors. Period.
This feature originally appeared in the July 2017 Issue of ESSENCE Magazine.
1. La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid SPF 50: Designed specifically for sensitive skin, this ultralight formula is the perfect companion for a long day out in the sun. ($34, cvs.com)
2. Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar Skin Tint in Cocoa SPF 20: Prepare to look 'lit from within' with this makeup and skincare hybrid that'll leave you with a bronze-y glow. ($29, sephora.com)
3. Hampton Sun Age-Defying SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen Crème: If your skin is sensitive, it will love this chemical-free face moisturizer. ($52, neimanmarcus.com)
4. Coola Dawn Patrol SPF 30 Classic Primer: Before applying your makeup, coat your skin in this transparent formula that provides the daily sun protection you need. ($42, sephora.com)
5. Clarins Sunscreen For Face Wrinkle Control Cream SPF 30: The antiaging properties in this cream provide UV protection and help prevent the formation of dark spots and discoloration. ($35, sephora.com)
6. Supergoop! Super Power Sunscreen Mousse SPF 50: A waterproof mousse that's so light and hydrating, you'll forget you're actually wearing sunscreen. ($34, sephora.com)
7. Dr. Barbara Sturm Sun Drops SPF 50: A few drops of this luxe find can be mixed with your face cream to provide both moisture and UV protection. ($145, molecular-cosmetics.com)
8. Moroccanoil Sun Lotion SPF 50: This smooth lightweight lotion includes a trifecta of moisturizing ingredients (argan oil, coconut oil, glycerin) that improve the skin's elasticity and provide ample hydration. ($32, sephora.com)