It happens to the best of us: stress, lack of sleep, poor diet and so many other factors always manage to make an appearance on your face the day of a big event. And, while concealer and foundation are great go-to's for minor blemish cover-up, what do you do when you've got a serious skin situation and only hours to spare to fix it? beGlammed founder, Maile Pacheco is no stranger to last-minute beauty emergencies—in her business, she sees them all of the time. Made-to-order beauty service, beGlammed is the latest beauty app to skyrocket to success. Used by A-listers like Mariah Carey and Rosario Dawson, beGlammed lets you book an appointment and brings the stylists to you. We caught up with founder Maile Pacheco for some of her last-minute beauty hacks to save you—and your skin—grief on your big day.
1. Honey is the way to go to beam away the redness from the pimple. After cleansing your skin, smooth in the honey on the pimple. Allow the honey to dry on the irritated skin. Apply once in the morning and rub away the honey with sparse amount of water.
2. Lemon Juice is great for after extraction and helps with discoloration of the effected skin. Use a notch of a lemon wedge to rub over the pimples, and let the lemon juice set for 30 minutes.
3. Orange peels is one of mother nature exfoliates, helps revive irritating skin. After eating a juicy orange create a paste out of the peel and apply to skin. Wash away the zesty paste after setting for 20 minutes.
4. Use Olive Oil to revive your skin by rubbing in the olive oil 3-4 time’s day, this will bring back moisture after your blemish is dried up.
5. Cucumbers act as an enzyme and it helps fade away ugly marks for those who scar easily after having a pimple. Take a sliver of a cucumber and apply the cucumber onto the pimple mark for 30 minutes.
6. Baking Soda is another exfoliate and helps brighten skin. Contrive a paste with 1 teaspoon of baking soda and a few drops of water. Spear paste on the pimple and leave on for 2-3 minutes then rinse.
Book your next at-home beauty service at beglammed.com