Dwayne Johnson Mourns After Putting Puppy to Sleep

Photo by Instagram
"I held his lil' paw as he was finally at peace," Johnson wrote on Instagram last night.

Dwayne Johnson had to say goodbye to a beloved four-legged member of his family yesterday.

According to People, the actor posted a long message on Instagram last night revealing that he had to put his dog Brutus to sleep after he ate a poisonous mushroom while playing outside.

RELATED: Must See: Halle Berry and Dwayne Johnson Reading Mean Tweets About Themselves Will Brighten Your Day

"Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed," Johnson wrote. "As all puppies do and dogs do, [Brutus] ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return."

Dwayne Johnson Signs on to Star in New Disney Flick

RELATED: Sandra Bland's Funeral Draws Crowds of Mourners

Johnson took the opportunity to warn other pet owners of the dangers that can lie in one's backyard. He went on to thank the staff at the veterinarian's office and said that he was glad his puppy was no longer in pain.

"I held his lil' paw as he was finally at peace," he wrote. "We'll always love you Brutus.. and you'll always be my lil' main man and rough housing Brute."

We send our thoughts and prayers to Johnson and his family.

 

Read More