NYFW is in full effect and the celebrities are making their rounds. Fashion girl, Angela Simmons was spotted at Russell Simmons’ Presentation for Argyleculture. The startlette complimented her bold lips with a sleek ponytail creating the perfect beauty balance. We caught up with her makeup artist, Angel Cherry, to get the details. Take a look and try it yourself!
Get The Look:
1. Angel started by creating a smooth canvas using Black Opal Even True Flawless Skin Liquid Foundation. "It’s important to highlight areas where the light naturally hits your face—a simple way to add dimension to your look," says Angel.
2. Angel blended LA Girl Pro Conceal into Simmons skin with the Beauty Blender. For a subtle contour, Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit created shadows where needed. Black Opal Oil-Absorbing Pressed Powder is blotted over the skin to set the look. Angel added color to her cheeks using MAC Blush in Devil.
3. After completing the face Angel defined her brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil in Brunette. "The key to defining brows is to use short soft strokes to avoid looking like an art project gone bad," says Angel. "Hold your work in place with MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set in Quite Brunette."
4. Angel then applied Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion to prevent eyeshadows from creasing. Next, she then applied MAC's Eyeshadow in Vex and Espresso, followed by MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack. Angel used Makeup Forever Strip Lashes #156 topped off with a bit of Maybeline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara.
5. The key to Simmons' look was her vamp lip. "The key to pulling off a bold color is to make sure lips are exfoliated and moisturized," says Angel. Void by Angel Cherry Vitamin E Lip Balm was applied to keep Simmons’ color in place and to prevent cracks in the lips. Finally, MAC's Chestnut Liner was smoothed over the entire lip for a beautiful finish.