For the first time in the 11-year history of 365Black Awards, McDonald's called on black communities across the country to nominate this year's Community Choice Youth Award recipients. Community members were asked to nominate amazing teenagers who were making a difference within their communities "through vision, compassion and diligence." Two finalists, one male and female, were chosen to be honored alongside celebrities and philanthropists at this year's star-studded event, and each went home with a $10,000 scholarship. Meet one of the winners, Gabrielle Jordan Williams, below.
- Robin Thicke Reveals Why Paula Patton Left Him
- Alicia Keys Performs New Single and Talks Motherhood on 'Today Show'
- Black Actress Allegedly Mistaken for Prostitute By Police
- ESSENCE Poll: What's Your Favorite Daytime Talk Show?
- Coffee Talk: 'No Good Deed' Earns Number One Spot at the Box Office
- NFL Star Adrian Peterson Charged With Child Abuse
- Did Jay Z Announce That Beyonce is Pregnant?
- Halle Berry to Produce New CBS Medical Drama