For the first time in the 11-year history of 365Black Awards, McDonald's called on black communities across the country to nominate this year's Community Choice Youth Award recipients. Community members were asked to nominate amazing teenagers who were making a difference within their communities "through vision, compassion and diligence." Two finalists, one male and female, were chosen to be honored alongside celebrities and philanthropists at this year's star-studded event, and each went home with a $10,000 scholarship. Meet one of the winners, Gabrielle Jordan Williams, below.
- ESSENCE Poll: What Changes Would You Like to See in Police Training?
- Coffee Talk: Beyoncé, John Legend Win American Music Awards
- Former D.C. Mayor Marion Barry Dies
- Michael Brown Sr. Hands Out Turkeys
- Lance Gross and Fiancé Welcomes Baby Girl
- President Obama: Ferguson Is No "Excuse For Violence"
- 'The Queen Latifah Show' Gets Canceled
- Must-See: Beyoncé's New Video 7/11