For the first time in the 11-year history of 365Black Awards, McDonald's called on black communities across the country to nominate this year's Community Choice Youth Award recipients. Community members were asked to nominate amazing teenagers who were making a difference within their communities "through vision, compassion and diligence." Two finalists, one male and female, were chosen to be honored alongside celebrities and philanthropists at this year's star-studded event, and each went home with a $10,000 scholarship. Meet one of the winners, Gabrielle Jordan Williams, below.
- Beyoncé and Blue Ivy Dress Up As Michael and Janet Jackson for Halloween
- Must-See: Tiny Speaks Out About Her New Eye Color
- 'Dear White People' Star Marque Richardson Talks On-Screen Role, How Bernie Mac Inspired Him to Act
- 'SNL' Star Michael Che Makes Controversial Comments on Street Harassment Video
- ESSENCE Poll: What's Your Favorite Part of Halloween?
- Coffee Talk: Chef Carla Hall Reaches Her Kickstarter Goal For New Restaurant
- Flex and Shanice On Weathering The Storm, Making Marriage Last
- How to Get Away with Murder recap: Freakin’ Whack-a-Mole