For the first time in the 11-year history of 365Black Awards, McDonald's called on black communities across the country to nominate this year's Community Choice Youth Award recipients. Community members were asked to nominate amazing teenagers who were making a difference within their communities "through vision, compassion and diligence." Two finalists, one male and female, were chosen to be honored alongside celebrities and philanthropists at this year's star-studded event, and each went home with a $10,000 scholarship. Meet one of the winners, Gabrielle Jordan Williams, below.
- Did Beyoncé and Jay Z Renew Their Wedding Vows?
- Ford Giveaway on Twitter
- Official Michael Brown Autopsy Suggests He Was Shot At Close Range
- NAACP Looking Into Hanging Death of North Carolina Teen Lennon Lacy
- Your Vote Is Your Voice This Election
- EXCLUSIVE: Hear Goapele's New Song, 'Strong As Glass'
- ESSENCE Poll: How Often Do You Give Yourself A Breast Exam?
- Coffee Talk: Dallas Cowboys Cut Michael Sam