For the first time in the 11-year history of 365Black Awards, McDonald's called on black communities across the country to nominate this year's Community Choice Youth Award recipients. Community members were asked to nominate amazing teenagers who were making a difference within their communities "through vision, compassion and diligence." Two finalists, one male and female, were chosen to be honored alongside celebrities and philanthropists at this year's star-studded event, and each went home with a $10,000 scholarship. Meet one of the winners, Gabrielle Jordan Williams, below.
- Court Documents Reveal Bill Cosby Admitted to Drugging Women
- Charleston Shooter Dylann Roof Formally Indicted on Nine Counts of Murder
- Jill Scott Is No Longer Defending Bill Cosby
- Morris Chestnut Excited to Play a 'Fun Character' in His First Leading TV Role on Fox's 'Rosewood'
- Is Floetry Cooking Up New Music? Maybe Soon
- Indique Hair Enters Bridal Category
- Mary J. Blige Tells Men: 'Don't Cheat, Don't Beat, Don't Lie'
- Charlie Wilson: ‘People Told Me I Was Washed Up’