For the first time in the 11-year history of 365Black Awards, McDonald's called on black communities across the country to nominate this year's Community Choice Youth Award recipients. Community members were asked to nominate amazing teenagers who were making a difference within their communities "through vision, compassion and diligence." Two finalists, one male and female, were chosen to be honored alongside celebrities and philanthropists at this year's star-studded event, and each went home with a $10,000 scholarship. Meet one of the winners, Gabrielle Jordan Williams, below.
- Ray Rice Wins Appeal, Returns to NFL
- Bill Cosby Not Welcome At Alma Mater
- Black Friday Protests Begin in Ferguson
- Ask Dr. Sherry: ‘I Got A Secret Tummy Tuck Behind My Husband’s Back’
- Sound Off: Thanksgiving Day Thoughts on Michael Brown
- Andre 3000, Justin Simien, and 'Selma' Nominated for Independent Spirit Awards.
- Must-See: Happy Thanksgiving from President Obama
- Bill Cosby's Wife Supports Him "On Every Level," Says Family Friend