For the first time in the 11-year history of 365Black Awards, McDonald's called on black communities across the country to nominate this year's Community Choice Youth Award recipients. Community members were asked to nominate amazing teenagers who were making a difference within their communities "through vision, compassion and diligence." Two finalists, one male and female, were chosen to be honored alongside celebrities and philanthropists at this year's star-studded event, and each went home with a $10,000 scholarship. Meet one of the winners, Gabrielle Jordan Williams, below.
- Aretha Franklin Recalls Life on the Road as a Young Girl
- Kevin Hart to Host 'Saturday Night Live'
- ESSENCE Network: Laila Ali Talks Boxing, Business and Her New Show
- Holiday Proposal DOs and DONT's For The Guys
- Phaedra Parks Says She Would Love to Bring Kids to Visit Apollo in Jail
- Queen Latifah Uses Her Own Money to Pay Laid-Off Talk Show Staff
- Department of Justice Plans to Sue New York City Over Conditions at Rikers Island
- Black Women's Roundtable Releases Statement Highlighting Progress in the NFL