For the first time in the 11-year history of 365Black Awards, McDonald's called on black communities across the country to nominate this year's Community Choice Youth Award recipients. Community members were asked to nominate amazing teenagers who were making a difference within their communities "through vision, compassion and diligence." Two finalists, one male and female, were chosen to be honored alongside celebrities and philanthropists at this year's star-studded event, and each went home with a $10,000 scholarship. Meet one of the winners, Gabrielle Jordan Williams, below.
- 20 Jails Receive MacArthur Grants to Reform Criminal Justice System
- Dozens Protest After Baltimore Officials Propose Funding Youth Jail, Cutting Education Spending
- Listen to Jill Scott Talk "Fool's Gold" & the 15 Year Anniversary of Her Debut Album on SHMS
- EXCLUSIVE: Danielle Brooks Can't Wait to Play Miss Sofia on Broadway's 'The Color Purple'
- #WEW: Meet Shirley Strawberry, Our Real Life On-Air Superwoman
- ESSENCE Poll: What Age is Appropriate to Leave Your Child Home Alone?
- Bridal Bliss: Danielle and Ademola's Alabama Wedding
- 10 #BeyonceAlwaysOnBeat Video Memes That Are Too Hilarious to Pass Up