For the first time in the 11-year history of 365Black Awards, McDonald's called on black communities across the country to nominate this year's Community Choice Youth Award recipients. Community members were asked to nominate amazing teenagers who were making a difference within their communities "through vision, compassion and diligence." Two finalists, one male and female, were chosen to be honored alongside celebrities and philanthropists at this year's star-studded event, and each went home with a $10,000 scholarship. Meet one of the winners, Skyler Grey, below.
- POLL: When Is It Appropriate to Move Out of Your Parents' Home?
- Cop Indicted for Murder in Fatal Shooting of Samuel DuBose
- Must-See: Watch Craig Robinson and Meagan Good in New NBC Sitcom, 'Mr. Robinson'
- Summer, Sex and Yeast Infections: What Happy Vaginas Know
- 10 Times Jesse Williams Perfectly Summed Up Our Feelings About Race
- ESSENCE Poll: Are You Satisfied with Your Childcare Options?
- The Truth About Ingrown Hairs
- 7 Things to Know About Fox's 'Home Free' Host, Danisha Danielle Hoston