For the first time in the 11-year history of 365Black Awards, McDonald's called on black communities across the country to nominate this year's Community Choice Youth Award recipients. Community members were asked to nominate amazing teenagers who were making a difference within their communities "through vision, compassion and diligence." Two finalists, one male and female, were chosen to be honored alongside celebrities and philanthropists at this year's star-studded event, and each went home with a $10,000 scholarship. Meet one of the winners, Skyler Grey, below.
- Lining Your Lips is Now Called 'Lip Contouring'
- University of Chicago Cancels Classes After Threat of Violent Attack
- Outside Counsel Determines Tamir Rice's Death Was 'Objectively Unreasonable'
- District Attorney Will Not Explore Drug Charges Against Lamar Odom
- Rev. Jesse Jackson Demands Resignation of Chicago Officials in Light of Laquan McDonald Video
- Beyoncé to Launch Fashion Collection with Topshop
- The Best Moments from the Soul Train Awards
- 'Gods of Egypt' Whitewashing Controversy: Ava DuVernay Responds to Studio and Director's Apology