For the first time in the 11-year history of 365Black Awards, McDonald's called on black communities across the country to nominate this year's Community Choice Youth Award recipients. Community members were asked to nominate amazing teenagers who were making a difference within their communities "through vision, compassion and diligence." Two finalists, one male and female, were chosen to be honored alongside celebrities and philanthropists at this year's star-studded event, and each went home with a $10,000 scholarship. Meet one of the winners, Skyler Grey, below.
- Florida 7-Year-Old Wins $15k for Hair-Positive Comic Book
- Activists File Lawsuit Citing Prosecutorial Misconduct in Darren Wilson Grand Jury Hearing
- Baltimore Mayor Promises Thorough Investigation of Freddie Gray's Death
- EXCLUSIVE: Sanaa Lathan and Omar Epps on the 15th Anniversary of ‘Love and Basketball’
- Just Engaged: Kela and Daryl’s Engagement Story
- 'Scandal' Recap: 'First Lady Sings the Blues'
- ESSENCE Poll: What YouTube Videos Have You Loved Over the Past 10 Years?
- Ask Dr. Sherry: 'He Wants to Move In With Me and My Kids But I’m Not Ready Yet’