For the first time in the 11-year history of 365Black Awards, McDonald's called on black communities across the country to nominate this year's Community Choice Youth Award recipients. Community members were asked to nominate amazing teenagers who were making a difference within their communities "through vision, compassion and diligence." Two finalists, one male and female, were chosen to be honored alongside celebrities and philanthropists at this year's star-studded event, and each went home with a $10,000 scholarship. Meet one of the winners, Skyler Grey, below.
- Must-See: Chicago Man Teases President Obama, 'Don't Touch My Girlfriend'
- Toni Morrison’s Papers to Be Housed at Princeton University
- Shonda Rhimes Shuts Down Criticism Over Gay Sex Scenes
- ESSENCE Poll: Do You Make An Effort to Support Black-Owned Businesses?
- Must-See: 'The Voice' Contestants Toia Jones and DaNica Shirey Sing Beyoncé's 'Halo'
- Coffee Talk: 'Key and Peele' Are Officially Working on a Film
- Must-See: Jennifer Hudson Remixes 'POP, Hold It Down'
- Tatyana Ali Felt Alienated For Having 'Good Hair' As a Kid