For the first time in the 11-year history of 365Black Awards, McDonald's called on black communities across the country to nominate this year's Community Choice Youth Award recipients. Community members were asked to nominate amazing teenagers who were making a difference within their communities "through vision, compassion and diligence." Two finalists, one male and female, were chosen to be honored alongside celebrities and philanthropists at this year's star-studded event, and each went home with a $10,000 scholarship. Meet one of the winners, Skyler Grey, below.
- First Look: Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding To Air On WE tv
- The Senior Year: One Mother's Countdown to an Empty Nest
- Lalah Hathaway Talks the Beauty of Growing Up Musical
- ESSENCE Poll: What Was the Top Moment of Last Night's VMAs?
- Learn to Create Rita Ora’s Interconnected Ponytails From The VMA’s
- EXCLUSIVE: Emayatzy Corinealdi Discusses New Role in ‘Hand of God,’ Finding Love in Hollywood
- Rising Broadway Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- Did Jay Z Join Instagram to Honor Michael Jackson?