For the first time in the 11-year history of 365Black Awards, McDonald's called on black communities across the country to nominate this year's Community Choice Youth Award recipients. Community members were asked to nominate amazing teenagers who were making a difference within their communities "through vision, compassion and diligence." Two finalists, one male and female, were chosen to be honored alongside celebrities and philanthropists at this year's star-studded event, and each went home with a $10,000 scholarship. Meet one of the winners, Skyler Grey, below.
- Kerry Washington, Viola Davis, and More, Respond to NY Times Calling Shonda Rhimes An 'Angry Black Woman'
- Queen Latifah Recalls Dealing with Domestic Violence in Her Family
- Must-See: 11-Year-Old Marquis Govan Eloquently Explains What Ferguson, Missouri Needs
- ESSENCE Poll: Do the Recent Celebrity Photo Leaks Make You Rethink Taking Nude Photos?
- Coffee Talk: Gabrielle Union and Meagan Good Speak Out About Nude Photo Leaks
- The Write or Die Chick: Black Women and Booty Ownership on the Backside
- Oprah Reveals What Tops Her Bucket List on 'Life You Want' Tour
- Ruby Dee Memorialized With Star-Studded Ceremony