For the first time in the 11-year history of 365Black Awards, McDonald's called on black communities across the country to nominate this year's Community Choice Youth Award recipients. Community members were asked to nominate amazing teenagers who were making a difference within their communities "through vision, compassion and diligence." Two finalists, one male and female, were chosen to be honored alongside celebrities and philanthropists at this year's star-studded event, and each went home with a $10,000 scholarship. Meet one of the winners, Skyler Grey, below.
- U.S. Removes Cuba From State Sponsors of Terrorism List
- Pregnant Woman Slammed to Ground by Police Said She Was Treated 'Like an Animal'
- Ava DuVernay Hosts Twitter Takeover to Inspire Aspiring Black Filmmakers
- Lauryn Hill to Receive ASCAP Golden Note Award
- 13 Things You Didn’t Know About Van Hunt
- We're Loving Taraji's New Curly 'Do!
- 'Empire' Season 2 Gets September Premiere Date
- Rico Love's Debut Album is Turning The Lights On For R&B