We've all gone through our fair share of heartbreak. But if you're currently upset about your ex leaving you, then Full Force has you covered.
The legendary group is gearing up for their forthcoming album Full Force: With Love From Our Friends and released the album's first single "Thank You For Leaving Me."
The ballad opens with Vivica A. Fox telling women that wallowing in self-pity doesn't work. Instead, Fox calls for brokenhearted women to thank their ex-lovers for leaving. Full Force follows up to deliver that sentiment. Mel'isa Morgan and Cheryl Pepsii also provide vocals on the emotion-filled track.
The album, which hits stores Aug. 26, features guest appearances from the group's friends, including singer-songwriter and producer Raphael Saadiq, Tisha Campbell-Martin, Blair Underwood, and Tevin Campbell.
Full Force: With Love From Our Friends is also dedicated to band member Paul Anthony, who survivd his 2006 cancer diagnosis.
Take a listen to the new single below.
- ESSENCE Poll: What Do You Do to Limit Your Carbon Footprint?
- Bill Cosby’s Attorney Says Victims of Sexual Assault 'Have Responsibility’ to Come Forward
- Friends and Family Bid Farewell To Bobbi Kristina
- Bobby Brown’s Sister Storms Out of Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Says Whitney Houston Will ‘Haunt’ Pat Houston
- Coach Felicia: Get Ready for Change
- Naomi Campbell Found Guilty of Assault In Italy Paparazzi Attack
- Must-See: Watch Lauryn Hill Perform Nina Simone's "Feeling Good" on The Tonight Show
- ESSENCE Network: Artist Shantell Martin on Turning Creativity into Cash