We've all gone through our fair share of heartbreak. But if you're currently upset about your ex leaving you, then Full Force has you covered.
The legendary group is gearing up for their forthcoming album Full Force: With Love From Our Friends and released the album's first single "Thank You For Leaving Me."
The ballad opens with Vivica A. Fox telling women that wallowing in self-pity doesn't work. Instead, Fox calls for brokenhearted women to thank their ex-lovers for leaving. Full Force follows up to deliver that sentiment. Mel'isa Morgan and Cheryl Pepsii also provide vocals on the emotion-filled track.
The album, which hits stores Aug. 26, features guest appearances from the group's friends, including singer-songwriter and producer Raphael Saadiq, Tisha Campbell-Martin, Blair Underwood, and Tevin Campbell.
Full Force: With Love From Our Friends is also dedicated to band member Paul Anthony, who survivd his 2006 cancer diagnosis.
Take a listen to the new single below.
- Texas Lawmakers Abolish Natural Hair Braiding Regulations
- Thousands of Mourners Gather at Freddie Gray’s Funeral
- Alabama Shakes’ Brittany Howard Talks New Album, Songwriting in the Basement and Why She Pours Beer on Her Feet
- Lessons On Using Hard Water on Natural Hair
- ‘Cutting It: In the ATL’ Premieres on WeTV
- #MusicMonday: Monica Releases New Song 'Do Me Like That'
- ESSENCE Poll: What Should Phaedra Do Next?
- Gospel Singer Jonathan McReynolds' New Video, 'Gotta Have You,' Will Make You Smile!