We've all gone through our fair share of heartbreak. But if you're currently upset about your ex leaving you, then Full Force has you covered.
The legendary group is gearing up for their forthcoming album Full Force: With Love From Our Friends and released the album's first single "Thank You For Leaving Me."
The ballad opens with Vivica A. Fox telling women that wallowing in self-pity doesn't work. Instead, Fox calls for brokenhearted women to thank their ex-lovers for leaving. Full Force follows up to deliver that sentiment. Mel'isa Morgan and Cheryl Pepsii also provide vocals on the emotion-filled track.
The album, which hits stores Aug. 26, features guest appearances from the group's friends, including singer-songwriter and producer Raphael Saadiq, Tisha Campbell-Martin, Blair Underwood, and Tevin Campbell.
Full Force: With Love From Our Friends is also dedicated to band member Paul Anthony, who survivd his 2006 cancer diagnosis.
Take a listen to the new single below.
- ESSENCE Poll: How Have You Handled Your Childhood Insecurities As An Adult?
- Ask Dr. Sherry: 'Nothing Is The Same Since The Affair'
- #FBF: Sarah Jakes & Touré Roberts Relive the Moment They Went Public as a Couple at ESSENCE Fest 2014
- LGBT PAC Names Aisha Moodie-Mills First Black Female President
- UVA Students Call for Governor to Limit Power of Alcohol Beverage Control Officers
- United Nations Reveals NYC Memorial Dedicated to Victims of Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade
- Black Women's Roundtable Report Finds Black Women Suffer Economically at Disproportionate Rates
- Defense Mode: Gideon's Promise Aims To Change The Face of Criminal Justice