We've all gone through our fair share of heartbreak. But if you're currently upset about your ex leaving you, then Full Force has you covered.
The legendary group is gearing up for their forthcoming album Full Force: With Love From Our Friends and released the album's first single "Thank You For Leaving Me."
The ballad opens with Vivica A. Fox telling women that wallowing in self-pity doesn't work. Instead, Fox calls for brokenhearted women to thank their ex-lovers for leaving. Full Force follows up to deliver that sentiment. Mel'isa Morgan and Cheryl Pepsii also provide vocals on the emotion-filled track.
The album, which hits stores Aug. 26, features guest appearances from the group's friends, including singer-songwriter and producer Raphael Saadiq, Tisha Campbell-Martin, Blair Underwood, and Tevin Campbell.
Full Force: With Love From Our Friends is also dedicated to band member Paul Anthony, who survivd his 2006 cancer diagnosis.
Take a listen to the new single below.
- ESSENCE Poll: Does Your Family Support Your Religious and Political Views?
- Coffee Talk: Floetry Reunites for London Performance
- First Look: See Queen Latifah As Bessie Smith in HBO Biopic
- President Obama Announces Plans to Improve Relationship With Cuba
- Jill Scott Is ESSENCE's Black Women in Music 2015 Honoree
- Two Arrests Have Been Made in the Alleged Rape of 16-Year-Old Jada
- Must-See: Watch a Sneak Peek of Flex & Shanice's Season Finale
- Shonda Rhimes to Receive Award for Television Writing Achievement