We've all gone through our fair share of heartbreak. But if you're currently upset about your ex leaving you, then Full Force has you covered.
The legendary group is gearing up for their forthcoming album Full Force: With Love From Our Friends and released the album's first single "Thank You For Leaving Me."
The ballad opens with Vivica A. Fox telling women that wallowing in self-pity doesn't work. Instead, Fox calls for brokenhearted women to thank their ex-lovers for leaving. Full Force follows up to deliver that sentiment. Mel'isa Morgan and Cheryl Pepsii also provide vocals on the emotion-filled track.
The album, which hits stores Aug. 26, features guest appearances from the group's friends, including singer-songwriter and producer Raphael Saadiq, Tisha Campbell-Martin, Blair Underwood, and Tevin Campbell.
Full Force: With Love From Our Friends is also dedicated to band member Paul Anthony, who survivd his 2006 cancer diagnosis.
Take a listen to the new single below.
- Yale Police Under Investigation After Holding Prominent Journalist Charles Blow's Son at Gunpoint
- Boko Haram Launches Deadly Attack on Two Nigerian Towns
- Get Lupita’s 2015 SAG Awards Beauty Look
- Ava DuVernay and David Oyelowo Reunite for Hurricane Katrina Drama
- Octavia Spencer Doesn't Think 'Selma' Was Snubbed Out of Oscar Nomination
- Naomi Campbell to Instagram Models: 'We Had to Earn Our Stripes'
- ESSENCE Poll: Do You Feel The Need to Change The Way You Dress When You're in a Committed Relationship?
- Why Uzo Aduba's SAG Awards Speech Had Us Reaching for the Kleenex