We've all gone through our fair share of heartbreak. But if you're currently upset about your ex leaving you, then Full Force has you covered.
The legendary group is gearing up for their forthcoming album Full Force: With Love From Our Friends and released the album's first single "Thank You For Leaving Me."
The ballad opens with Vivica A. Fox telling women that wallowing in self-pity doesn't work. Instead, Fox calls for brokenhearted women to thank their ex-lovers for leaving. Full Force follows up to deliver that sentiment. Mel'isa Morgan and Cheryl Pepsii also provide vocals on the emotion-filled track.
The album, which hits stores Aug. 26, features guest appearances from the group's friends, including singer-songwriter and producer Raphael Saadiq, Tisha Campbell-Martin, Blair Underwood, and Tevin Campbell.
Full Force: With Love From Our Friends is also dedicated to band member Paul Anthony, who survivd his 2006 cancer diagnosis.
Take a listen to the new single below.
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch a Sneak Peak of Martin Lawrence's New Sitcom, 'Partners'
- ESSENCE Poll: How Are You Paying for Your Child's College Education?
- Kelly Rowland Praises Hubby For Being Hands-On During Her Pregnancy
- Coffee Talk: Alicia Keys is Expecting
- Keyshia Cole Wants Her Next Relationship To Be Like 'Bey and Jay'
- Jill Scott on Playing James Brown’s Abused Wife: ‘She Loved Him Completely’
- Must-See: Janelle Monae Takes Us Back to School in 'Electric Lady' Video
- ESSENCE Poll: Why Are We So Invested in Celebrity Relationships?