It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- Eric Garner's Death Ruled Homicide by Medical Examiner
- No Shame: Yes, I Have a Therapist (and My Daughter Does, Too)
- Sound-Off: 'I Watched A Man Die On the Internet'
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Learning to 'Go With the Flow' in Marriage
- Watch An Exclusive Clip from the Season Finale of 'Power'
- Ray Rice Calls Altercation with His Wife 'Biggest Mistake of My Life'
- Jill Scott Has a Brand New Look on the September Cover of ESSENCE
- Brandy Apologizes for Lying to Oprah About Her Marriage Back in 2002