It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- Coach Felicia: "What or Who is Behind Your Decisions?"
- Coffee Talk: Chef Carla Hall Reaches Her Kickstarter Goal For New Restaurant
- Flex and Shanice On Weathering The Storm, Making Marriage Last
- How to Get Away with Murder recap: Freakin’ Whack-a-Mole
- Scandal recap: An Innocent Man
- Ask Dr. Sherry: ‘My Ex Husband Secretly Remarried, Right After Our Divorce’
- Sherri Shepherd Explains Her Divorce On The Queen Latifah Show
- The 2014 ESSENCE Short Film Contest Has Begun