It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- Bree Newsome Speaks Out After Removing Confederate Flag from South Carolina Capitol
- Get Zendaya's BET Awards Glow
- Watch Janet Jackson Accept BET's First Ever Ultimate Icon Award
- How Many Times Have You Experienced ESSENCE Fest?
- Relive Your Favorite 'Martin' Moments with Big Sean & Chris Brown's New Video
- Get Zendaya’s BET Awards Hair
- Miguel's 'Wildheart' Album is Not To Be Missed
- Get Brandy’s Hair From The BET Awards