It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- Stephen A. Smith Suspended Over Domestic Violence Comments
- Did Nicki Minaj, Jessie J, and Ariana Grande Just Give Us a New Female Anthem?
- NBA Player Matt Barnes Uses Social Media to Help Find Aunt’s Killer
- NYPD Cop Allegedly Puts Pregnant Woman in Chokehold
- Whoopi Goldberg: If a Woman Hits a Man, She Should Expect to Get Hit Back
- Emotions Run High As Obamas Prepare for Malia to Go to College
- ESSENCE Poll: Does Having Divorced Parents Make Marriage Harder?
- Coffee Talk: Tia and Tamera Mowry To Release Young Adult Book Series