It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- Must See: Black Family Receives Letter From Neighbors: 'You Don't Belong Here'
- 71 Arrested In Cleveland Protest After Officer Acquittal
- Must See: Mom Accepts Diploma on Behalf of Son Who Died in Car Crash on Prom Night
- Nicki Minaj Debuts 'The Night Is Still Young' Video Exclusively on Tidal
- Lance Gross Marries Longtime Girlfriend Rebecca Jefferson
- Nina Simone Biopic Starring Zoe Saldana to be Released This Year
- Cleveland Officer Found Not Guilty in Shooting Death of Malissa Williams
- Michael B. Jordan Responds to 'Fantastic Four' Casting Criticism in Open Letter