It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- Michael Sam Opens Up To Oprah About Bullying, NFL And The Future
- Is Idris Elba Handsome Enough to Play James Bond?
- ESSENCE Network: Karen Civil On How She Used the Internet to Discover Her Dreams
- Must-See: Nicki Minaj’s 'The Pinkprint' Short Film
- Ludacris Proposes to Long-Time Girlfriend
- Ava DuVernay Thanks Moviegoers for Watching 'Selma'
- Coffee Talk: Gabrielle Union Reveals Difficulties Getting Pregnant
- ESSENCE Poll: Do You Celebrate Kwanzaa?