It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- Must-See: 'The Real' Hosts Get Emotional Talking About Personal Baggage
- ESSENCE Poll: Do You Fear Identity Theft More Than Any Other Crime?
- Coffee Talk: Timbaland and Wife Call Off Their Divorce
- Love Should Be Cherished, Not Trashed
- Black-ish Recap: Prank King
- Jesse Williams Tweets Frustration with Mike Brown Shooting, Trayvon Martin Costumes
- ESSENCE Poll: How Do You Define Street Harassment?
- Coffee Talk: Food Network Star Gina Neely Talks Divorce and Weight-Loss