It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- After the Show: Let's Talk About Sex, Baby, and 'Black-ish'
- Michael Dunn Found Guilty of First-Degree Murder in Fatal Shooting of Jordan Davis
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Premiere Date Revealed, Watch the Trailer
- Raven-Symoné Reveals How She's Stayed Out of the Tabloids
- Mirror, Mirror: When Style is 'Ghetto' On Black Women, 'Chic' On Whites
- New & Next: Watch Soul Singer Carolyn Malachi’s Short Film, ‘Runaway'
- Taraji P. Henson, Gladys Knight and En Vogue Star in Holiday TV Specials
- ESSENCE Poll: Are You Still Comfortable Letting Your Teenager Play Contact Sports in High School?