It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- NYPD Regularly Kicks People Out of Their Homes Without Grounds for Eviction: Report
- Civil Rights Lawyer Benjamin Crump Endorses Hillary Clinton
- San Antonio Officer Fatally Shoots Black Man After Mistaking Cell Phone for Gun
- How Being Told She Would Never Make It Helped Sherri Shepherd Realize Her #BlackGirlMagic
- Beyoncé’s Lead Dancer Reveals The Biggest Lesson She Learned From The Queen
- Your Favorite Facial Brush Just Got a Makeover
- Solange Receives New Orleans Key to the City: 'I Am So Thankful'
- Officer Who Killed Chicago Teen Files Lawsuit Against Victim’s Family, Claiming ‘Emotional Trauma’