It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- Summer, Sex and Yeast Infections: What Happy Vaginas Know
- 10 Times Jesse Williams Perfectly Summed Up Our Feelings About Race
- ESSENCE Poll: Are You Satisfied with Your Childcare Options?
- EXCLUSIVE: Jill Scott On New Album 'Woman,' Her Son Jet & Advice for New Artists
- EXCLUSIVE: Erykah Badu Pens Essay on Making Time for Joy in Your Life
- New & Next: Meet R&B Songstress Treasure Davis
- Black Mother Found Dead in Jail Cell After Alerting Officials of Her Health Problems
- Lorde Inc. Ushers in New Wave of Diverse Models