It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- Cam Newton Calls Out Critics: 'I'm Human'
- Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump Expected to Triumph in New Hampshire Primaries
- Flint Officials Announce $55 Million Plan to Eliminate Lead-Ridden Pipes
- Sound Twins! 6 Up and Coming Artist Recommendations Based On Your Favorite Singers
- Mary Mary’s Tina Campbell Shares How a Cheating Scandal Helped Reveal Her #BlackGirlMagic
- No Color, Some Flavor in the ABC News Run-Up to a Pivotal Primary
- Kendrick Lamar Dishes on the Inspiration Behind ‘To Pimp a Butterfly’
- Neck Contouring is Proof That We've Gone Too Far