It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- 'Drumline: A New Beat' Stars Hope to Shine a Light On HBCUs
- EXCLUSIVE: Jessie T. Usher and RonReaco Lee Talk 'Survivor's Remorse,' and Meeting Lebron James
- ESSENCE Presents: Real Talk with a C-Suite Exec
- Must-See: The Cast of 'A Different World' Reunites
- Department of Justice Condemns Michael Brown's Autopsy Leak
- ESSENCE Poll: Which Male R&B Group Do You Want to Reunite?
- Coffee Talk: Halle Berry Launches New Lingerie Line
- Ask Dr. Sherry: 'He Says I Blew My Only Chance With Him'