It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- Kendrick Lamar's 'Alright' Video Could Be the Wake Up Call the Music Industry Needs
- Jill Scott Previews New ‘Woman’ Album: ‘I’ve Got Some New Magic to Share’
- All The Single Ladies: How to Meet A New Man At ESSENCE Festival
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch An Extended Version of 'No Apologies' Music Video from 'Empire'
- ESSENCE Poll: Who Are You Heading to ESSENCE Fest With?
- Red-Lipped Maven: Andra Day Talks Beauty
- #BlackGirlMagic! Misty Copeland Becomes First Black Principal Ballerina at American Ballet Theater
- Bridal Bliss: Madia and Rod’s Romantic Mexico Wedding