It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- Photo: Mariah Carey's First Outing Since Confirmed Separation from Nick Cannon
- Navy Discharges Black Sailor For Refusing to Cut Her Natural Hair
- EXCLUSIVE: Taraji P. Henson Dishes on Her Character in 'No Good Deed'
- Must-See: Idris Elba Jokes About That Mysterious Bulge Photo
- ESSENCE Poll: What Do You Avoid Talking About on Social Media?
- Walmart Surveillance Shows John Crawford Was Killed 'On Sight' By Police
- Coffee Talk: Usher Announces Tour, Releases Video with Nicki Minaj
- Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin and Sean Bell's Mothers Discuss Dealing with the Loss of a Son