It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- Sanaa Lathan Lands Role In New Fox Series
- 7 Things To Know About 'Empire' Star, Singer V Bozeman
- Timbaland and V. Bozeman Release Your Favorite New Feelgood Track, 'When I See You Smile'
- Brand New Michael Jackson Vocals Revealed in Paul McCartney's Remix of 'Say, Say, Say'
- Jennifer Hudson To Her Son: 'You Saved My Life'
- Rihanna Makes Gothic Look Glam
- Tamron Hall To Take Bill Cosby's Place On Temple University's Board Of Trustees
- Melanie Fiona Addresses Domestic Violence, Police Brutality in New Video