It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- Andre 3000 Opens Up About Jimi Hendrix Biopic and Wise Words From Prince
- Will Wesley Snipes Return for a Fourth 'Blade' Movie?
- It Takes a Tech Vilage: How Kapor Center Funds the Future
- Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade are Officially Married
- Michael Sam Cut by St. Louis Rams
- Jourdan Dunn and Joan Smalls Among World's Highest Paid Models
- Venus Williams Suffers Close Loss at U.S. Open
- Essence Atkins Will Officiate Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade's Miami Wedding