It was 2003 and Ashanti was riding high off of the success from her debut self-titled album, Ashanti. We here at ESSENCE were gearing up for our annual ESSENCE Festival and wanted to put together an all-star line up to honor one of music's best vocalists, Luther Vandross. To tribute the "Never Too Much" singer, we invited newcomers to join seasoned artists. Ashanti graced the stage with Usher, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, Gerald Levert, Ron Isley and Kelly Price. To say the tribute was amazing would be an understatement.
- Mattel Presents Ava DuVernay With Her Own Barbie
- Kimora Lee Shares First Photo of Newborn Baby
- Florida 7-Year-Old Wins $15k for Hair-Positive Comic Book
- Activists File Lawsuit Citing Prosecutorial Misconduct in Darren Wilson Grand Jury Hearing
- Baltimore Mayor Promises Thorough Investigation of Freddie Gray's Death
- EXCLUSIVE: Sanaa Lathan and Omar Epps on the 15th Anniversary of ‘Love and Basketball’
- Just Engaged: Kela and Daryl’s Engagement Story
- 'Scandal' Recap: 'First Lady Sings the Blues'