Here's why we're opting for steaming hot cider this morning:
- Steve Harvey's postion as a love expert may be a bit more official than anybody knew.The Steve Harvey Show host married 50 couples Tuesday during a special love episode of his talk show. The comedian, who was ordained in his hometown of Illinois just for this occasion, made it official for the couples from all over the country and showered them and the audience with gifts. [Vibe]
- Real Housewives of Atlanta star Apollo Nida is requesting that his bank fraud and identity theft hearing be postponed. Nida filed a motion pleading with a federal judge to postpone the hearing until March 25 so that he can have more time to go over the government's case before deciding to proceed with the trial or accept a settlement. Nida and wife Phaedra Parks continue to insist that he is innocent of the allegations. [Radar]
- Michael Jordan and wife Yvette Prieto recently welcomed twin baby girls into their family. Jordan's manager shares: "Michael and Yvette Jordan are thrilled to announce that their identical twin daughters, Victoria and Ysabel, were born Sunday, February 9, 2014 in West Palm Beach, Florida. Yvette and the babies are doing well and the family is overjoyed at their arrival." Congratulations! [E!Online]
- Author, motivational speaker and husband of actress Meagan Good, Devon Franklin is set to participate in the television series Help Desk on Oprah Winfrey's OWN network. The show features experts who make themselves available in public spaces to provide help to people seeking advice on specific issues or circumstances. Franklin's segment on the show will be shot on Sunday February 16 in Los Angeles. [EurWeb]
- What is a diva? Melanie Fiona, Bridget Kelly, Mack Wilds and ESSENCE entertainment editor Yolanda Sangweni debate the everlasting topic on Music Choice's Black History Month special. Check out a clip of the debate airing February 17.