The teen novel turned feature film earned a whopping $155M in box office sales.
See why we're adding a double shot of espresso to our brew:
- The Hunger Games starring Lenny Kravitz, Dayo Okeniyi and more earned a whopping $155M dollars this weekend – making it the third largest debut in North American box office history. Experts initially predicted the film would earn $100M. A sequel will be released in November 2013. [CNN]
- Rihanna says stripping down to her birthday suit raised her confidence. "The more I got naked, the more comfortable I felt," she told Britain's Women's Fitness magazine. "I just had to face my fear." [People]
- Tamar and Vincent are putting their Encino, California home on the market. The couple is asking for $2.65M for the 6 bedroom, 7 bathroom mansion. The property also features an entertainment room, bar, wine cellar and 8,000 square feet of living space. [EURweb]
- Aretha Franklin is planning a major comeback with Clive Davis. She let the good news out at her 70th birthday party on Saturday. "I have re-signed with Clive Davis," she said, "so I'm recording with Clive again. We're going to sit together and decide what it is we're going to record." [Hollywood Reporter]
- Kimora Lee Simmons opens up about what she believes success is. "I feel like I've been successful when maybe the work that I've done in the world impacts people in different ways. I think it's all about levels of inspiration and how we reach people. I think that's a big measure of success, how you can reach other people." [Black Celeb Kids]