Despite having a star-studded cast, "New Year's Eve" opened soft.
It's Monday! Check out why we're going for the coffee cake this morning:
- Did anyone go see "New Year's Eve" this weekend? Although the star-studded film debuted during the worst box office weekend since 2008 -- it managed to earn $13.7M. The film stars Halle Berry, Ludacris, Hillary Swank, Sarah Jessica Parker and more. Although its numbers were low, the film still managed to nab the top spot in the nation. Warner Bros. president Dan Fellman said, "While we had the No. 1 movie, we were No. 1 in a very soft market." [Hollywood Reporter]
PHOTOS: 8 Feel Good Holiday Movies
- It looks like another celebrity couple may have called it quits. According to the New York Post, Tyra Banks and her boyfriend of three years, John Utendahl, have broken up. The Post says that Banks is on an "Eat, Pray, Love" type trip to Bali with a female friend. A source says she's been island hopping and visiting spiritual retreats. [NYPost]
- Chris Tucker's finances appear to be improving. He recently sold two Florida mansions -- one for $2M and the other for $1.5M. Tucker allegedly owes Uncle Sam over $11.5M in back taxes. [TMZ]
- Laurieann Gibson has made up with Diddy. She tells Beauty Elegance that "He's my brother. At the time [of our feud] I didn't know I was getting popular. He was reacting and was trying to keep me in a state of mind where I didn't know. I don't let anyone disrespect me... he came at me. I went on my own way." [EURweb]
PHOTOS: Black Movies That Need a Sequel
- In NBA news, L.A. Laker Lamar Odom has been traded to the Dallas Mavericks. Khloe Kardashian tweeted, "I am sure I will love it but I am a tad thrown off. I know for a fact blessings are everywhere!! Everything happens for a reason. God is great." [Hollywood Reporter]
- "Girlfriends" actress Keesha Sharp is set to make her directorial debut on "Are We There Yet?" She's very excited about jumping into the director's chair. Sharp says, "The segment I'll be directing is called 'Concussion.' I can't reveal the plot yet, but trust me, it's a very entertaining script." [EURweb]
- Are you ready for another "Men in Black?" The trailer for the third installment has just been released and is expected to hit theaters on May 25th. Check it out below.