Monday, August 01, 2011 | 04:45 AM
It's Monday and we've got a double espresso shot to start off the week!
- We've got the scoop on why Sherri Shepherd has reportedly turned down her chance to participate in the next season of "Dancing with the Stars." She told the show's producers, who've been "aggressively courting her," that she plans to spend the coming months enjoying life as a newlywed after her upcoming wedding in a few weeks. [TMZ]
- Oprah is being sued for usage of the title "Own Your Power" as a slogan. According to the lawsuit, Simone Kelly-Brown, CEO of Own Your Power Communications, Inc., claims Oprah is guilty of copyright infringement. To make matters worse, Oprah and Simone both held "Own Your Power" events in the same city just days apart. [TMZ]
- Is Rihanna filming a new documentary? The singer's homecoming "Loud" concert will reportedly be used to create a mini film titled "Coming Home." The Barbados Tourism Authority, which Rihanna reps, and Jay-Z's RocNation are co-funding the project. [Nation News]
- Sean Kingston has signed up to become a mentor on a new reality talent show, "Majors and Minors." The show will feature young singers aspiring to make it big in the music industry. Brandy will also be a mentor on the show. [Contact Music]
- Kelly Rowland will be teaming up with Diddy as the official spokeswoman for his new fragrance, Empress. Kelly will be featured in the brand's print and television ads. The scent launches next month exclusively at Macy's. [That Grape Juice]
- Jennifer Lopez is claiming victory in the latest round of a court battle to stop the release of intimate footage of her and her ex-husband, Ojani Noa. Ojani reportedly planned to release a short film titled, "How I Married Jennifer Lopez: The J.Lo and Ojani Noa Story." A California appeals court ruling now prevents Ojani from releasing “any intimate details” about their relationship. [Toronto Sun]