Oprah will teach high school students, Sean Kingston is on the mend, and more!
It's almost Friday and we're sipping a cool iced coffee as we read over the top news of the morning!
- Oprah always said that if she weren't a talk show host, she'd be a teacher. Well, she's finally getting her chance to lead a classroom. The media mogul will teach a class in South Africa this fall called "It's Life 101," about life lessons she wished someone would have taught her as a child. Let the "Aha" moments begin. [Pop Eater]
- Sean Kingston had a fun-filled Fourth of July in Miami. New photos of the musician show him hanging out with Soulja Boy wearing an arm bandage. We're glad he's recovering well from his jet ski accident in late May. [TMZ]
- Jada Pinkett Smith loves playing the role of a mommy-to-be in "HawthorRNe," but the actress has no real-life plans to actually have more children. While her hubby Will Smith is open to the idea, Jada quickly shut it down. "I will never be pregnant again. No, sir. I am so done! Shop closed!" [Hello Beautiful]
- ESSENCE Music Festival headliner Fantasia will be heading off to the prestigious Cannes Film Festival to premiere the biopic of gospel singer Mahalia Jackson. The film is still in its pre-production stages, but has already been submitted as a contender in the French Film Festival. [Hip-Hop Wired]
- Bow Wow is finally talking about being a father. In a very candid blog posted he shared on his website, the rapper revealed that he has a 3-year-old daughter. "I love every minute of it," he wrote. "[My daughter] inspires me to go harder." [Huffington Post]
- After ending her extended stay in rehab, Whitney Houston is allegedly hitting the streets with her new man, Tyrese Gibson. The two met at a party earlier this year and have reportedly been seeing each other on and off ever since. Can you picture these two together? Hmm, we're not so sure about this one, but we'll keep our eyes and ears open. [Perez Hilton]