TGIF! Check out why we're having a cinnamon bun with our morning joe: Alicia Keys is auctioning items from her Long Island mansion. Mariah Carey's delivery was a production of sorts, and LeBron James apologized to Cleveland at a recent game — read his heartfelt words...
TGIF! Check out why we're having a cinnamon bun with our morning joe:
- Is LeBron James asking for Cleveland to love him again? After scoring an amazing 10 straight points during a recent Heat vs. Celtics game, James said, "I knew deep down in my heart, as much as I loved my teammates back in Cleveland and as much as I loved home, I knew I couldn't do it myself against that team. The way it panned out with all the friends and family and fans back home, I apologize for the way it happened. I knew this opportunity was once in a lifetime," he said. Thoughts, anyone? [The Grio]
- Want to own Alicia Keys' furniture or her old trampoline? Now is your chance! The ESSENCE cover girl is auctioning several items from her recently sold Long Island mansion. She's even selling her doll collection. All of it is set to go on sale May 22nd by American Auctions. [TMZ]
- Can you imagine Mariah Carey in the delivery room? Hubby Nick Cannon says it was "a production" and even labeled himself "the production manager." The couple went so far as to play a live Mariah Carey song during the actual birth. "My wife wanted to make sure when the babies came out that they came out not only to a Mariah Carey song, but a live performance from Mariah Carey." SMH. [Perez Hilton]
- Beyonce is disappointing fans today. We expected to see the world premiere of "Run the World (Girls)" but Beyonce has decided to hold it so she may "perfect it." Can you wait to see it? [That Grape Juice]
- Pharrell Williams has a new daytime job! The musician is now the creative director for Karmaloop TV. The new channel will be debuting later this year. Looks like Mr. Williams and Oprah should sit down and have a chat at some point, no? [Black Voices]
- In other television news, Salim and Mara Brock Akil, executive producers of BET's "The Game," have signed on to a multi-year production deal with BET. Congrats to the duo. We're looking forward to quality programing on the channel. [The Root]
- Jordin Sparks is rocking a new slim figure and gave "American Idol" fans a performance they won't soon forget. See Sparks perform her new song "I Am Woman." Lovin' this!