On this post-Easter morning check out why we're going easy on the sugar:
- We thought Etta James was at her deathbed, with her kids recently fighting for control of her estate, but today's news says she regrets making comments about Barack Obama during his 2008 inauguration. "I didn't really mean anything. Even as a child, I've always had the comedian kind of attitude... that's probably what went into it," she told the Daily News. But she admits she's still pissed with Beyonce. It made her feel "left out of something that was basically mine, that I had every time you look around." In case you forgot, this was her original comment about Obama and Beyonce — "You know your president, the one with the big ears — he ain't my President — that woman singing for him at his inauguration. She's going to get her ass whooped," she said. [Today News 24]
- Tyler Perry's "Madea's Big Happy Family" opened at number two this weekend with an impressive $25.8 million in ticket sales. Extra caught up with Perry to talk about the film, and he revealed that it is dedicated to his late mother. "You know, it's fun, she would have loved it, and I bet she's smiling down from heaven right now," he said. [Extra] [NY Post]
- Beyonce and Jay-Z have reportedly been asked to perform for William and Kate's royal wedding. A source says the two are huge fans of their music and their performance would make their special day even better. That's a hell of an invitation! [Perez Hilton]
- NFL player Brandon Marshall underwent emergency surgery after suffering a stab wound, apparently by the hand of his wife, Michi Nogami-Marshall. She was arrested on a domestic violence charge and is being held on $75,000 bond. [TMZ]
- Lauren London is talking about her child with Lil Wayne in RollingOut magazine. The actress says that having her son was the best thing to ever happen to her, "...because I'm a woman and women get pregnant and Lauren comes first before the actress, so having my son was the best thing that ever happened to me." [Black Celeb Kids]
- Timbaland is all about his money. The super producer signed a 75-song deal with Extreme Music. He will now create music tracks for TV shows, movies and video games. [Boom Box]
- Jennifer Hudson appeared on the UK's "So You Think You Can Dance" and gave an amazing performance of "Feeling Good" from her latest album, "I Remember Me." Check it out below.