It's Monday morning, see why we're begging for extra sugar in our morning mug: The Tom Joyner Morning Show has come to NYC, Janet Jackson fans aren't happy with her latest world tour, Naturi Naughton is cast in NBC's newest series, and 50 Cent has made rap history with his debut, "Get Rich or Die Tryin.'"
It's Monday morning, see why we're begging for extra sugar in our morning mug:
- 50 Cent is still making rap history. His debut album "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" is officially the 4th best-selling rap album of all time. He sits right under two Eminem albums and Nelly's "Country Grammar." As of last week, his debut album has sold a total of 8 million records since its 2003 release. It's been a long time coming, congratulations! [EurWeb]
- VH1's "Basketball Wives" star Suzie Ketcham is not returning for a third season. TMZ is reporting that she couldn't "handle life in the spotlight." That's too bad, but we're sure somebody will snatch up her spot. [TMZ]
- Former 3LW member Naturi Naughton has been cast to play in NBC's newest drama series "Playboy," where she'lll play a Playboy bunny who's determined to be the magazine's first Black centerfold. What are you thought's on Naughton's risky new role? [BV]
- Look out soul music lovers, Kem, Ledisi and El Debarge's upcoming tour has been announced, and they'll be making stops in Philadelphia, Birmingham, Atlanta, D.C. Chicago and more. Be sure to check out the complete list of tour dates. [EurWeb]
- Deion Sanders appeared at the NFL's Hall of Fame press conference in the same sweatshirt and track pants outfit he wore to his kid's football game earlier that day. It was announced that Sanders would be inducted this year. He reportedly didn't want to leave the game earlier — hence why he was poorly dressed. He's a loving father who puts his kids first. [TMZ]
- Some of Janet Jackson's longtime fans are a little upset with her recent tour. Some are disappointed with the recycling of routines, costumes and set lists from her amazing '08 "Rock Withchu Tour." Her choreographer wrote a passionate letter detailing the reasons why. [TGJ]
- This morning New York listeners are in for a real treat! The Tom Joyner Morning Show kicked off its morning show on 98.7 KISS FM from 6-10 am. Some of the guests include Rev. Al Sharpton, Jacque Reid, D.L. Hughely and more! Be sure to catch the popular morning show from now on!
- Singer Dionne Warwick will speak at the opening of the Apollo Theater and Smithsonian's National Museum of African-American History and Culture's first exhibition on how the legendary theater came to be. The exhibition will be held at the Museum of the City of New York through May 11, 2011. Be sure to stop by and learn a bit more about the famous venue.