- Tracy Morgan Talks Life After the Car Accident: 'I Went To The Other Side’
- Oprah Treats Her South African Students to Glam Thanksgiving Dinner and The Color Purple on Broadway
- Gunman Shoots Up Planned Parenthood and Obama Responds: 'Enough Is Enough'
- ESSENCE Network: Chef Millie Susan Peartree Shares Her Recipe for Success (and Holiday Hosting Tips!)
- YouTube Viral Sensation James Wright Chanel Sings Duet with Patti LaBelle
- President Obama Responds to Laquan McDonald Shooting Death Footage: 'I Was Deeply Disturbed'
- Emanuel AME Expected to Donate $1.5 Million to Church Shooting Victims
- Four Chicago Protestors Arrested at Laquan McDonald Demonstration
Hot Hair: Festive Holiday 'Dos
12/06/10 - Comments
Hot Hair: Festive Holiday 'Dos
Haute Hair for New Year's Eve
Nothing tops off a fabulous holiday party outfit like a smoking hot hairdo! But with so many options out there, it's hard to come up with an appropriately festive 'do that suits your personal style. No worries — we've done all the hard work for you! From Gabrielle Union's fab bob to Beyonce's retro chic waves, here are our pics for the most dazzling holiday party hairstyles of the season — guaranteed to keep you looking fierce and festive through New Year's!
With her Swiss Miss-esque braided style, Zoe Saldana looks ready for an elegant soiree.
Sometimes the simplest hairstyles have the most impact. Exhibit A: Leona Lewis' loose, messy fishtail braid. Add heavily lined eyes and nude lips to round out the look.
Beyonce goes for Old Hollywood glamour here with layered, softly cascading waves. Very Veronica Lake!
Short & Sweet
If you have a short cut like Kelly Rowland's, sweep your long layers forward and across one eye for a sultry look.
Add a goddess headband like Kimberly Elise for some extra shine.
Nothing says "festive" like a high, sleek ponytail paired with silver eyeshadow and crimson lipstick. So holiday!
Add some ooh-la-la to your bob by setting it on hot rollers a couple of hours before the party. When they cool, shake them out and finger-style.
For a cool, messy chic vibe, try sweeping your waves back in an unstructured bun, leaving out face-framing layers.
When in doubt, a Farrah Fawcett-esque feathered hairstyle is always sexy, flirty and festive!
What’s the best way to make my dull curls appear bigger and full of life?
How To Videos
All Hair Bloggers
Chime Edwards is a popular YouTube vlogger with over 145,000 subscribers. Chime was also featured in Nikki Walton’s (Curly Nikki) book, Better Than Good Hair.
Afrobella was the natural hair blogger at AOL’s Black Voices and a writer for Vogue Italia’s Vogue Black site. She has presented keynotes at several major media expos and seminars.
Jessica Lewis's tutorials have received more than 22 million views on the MahoganyCurls YouTube channel, and nearly 500K follow the Macon, GA native via social media.
Valerie Bremang founded Hairlista Inc. Social Network in 2008 as a platform to educate, inform and encourage women that they can achieve healthy hair.
The former model has transitioned 10 years of fashion industry experience into UrbanBushBabes, where she is Editor-in-Chief.