Wednesday, October 20, 2010 | 04:58 AM
Here's what we've got brewing this morning...
- Queen Latifah's new series, "Single Ladies" has been picked up by VH1! Set in Atlanta, it's about three best friends with three different approaches to relationships. Stacey Dash, LisaRaye McCoy and Charity Shea will be starring in the project. Latifah will be executive producing and making guest appearances. This is going to be epic! We love all of these ladies and look forward to seeing this show. [Black Voices]
- Gabourey Sidibe joins Eddie Murphy in "Tower Heist." She will play an employee who works at a luxury high-rise who comes to learn that her pension funds have been liquidated by a crook. Gabby shines in any role she gets, so we're excited to see her acting with Murphy. [Black Voices]
- Tyra Banks obtained a restraining order against her "mentally unstable stalker," Marten Williams Jr., who left letters and other items at her home. "I am in fear from Mr. Williams for my personal safety, and that of those around me, including my family and employees." This sounds serious. Hopefully, the restraining order works and she starts to feel safe again. [Daily Mail]
- Kanye West is admitting that he contemplated suicide, saying, "I will not give up on life again... there's so many people that will never get the chance to have their voice heard." Kanye is really digging deep these days, pulling out all sorts of personal information, and we applaud him for being so honest. [Pop Eater]
- According to TMZ, NeNe Leakes threw a tantrum after her makeup wasn't done to her liking on the set of "Celebrity Apprentice," which is now filming. She had makeup artists doll her up two times before she dismissed them and did her own makeup. TMZ reports that she has already earned the reputation of being the "difficult one." [TMZ]
- On Sunday, the one and only Pam Grier was honored as an action icon at this year's Third Annual Celebrity & Stuntwomen's Awards. Considered the first Black female action hero, Grier is highly deserving of this award.