Here's what we're sipping on this morning: Rihanna releases her version of the Christmas classic, "A Child is Born." Trust us, it has Rihanna written all over it. Kanye West releases a new single with Keri Hilson, plus the album art for his upcoming album is sparking controversy already -- it's definitely a conversation piece, to say the least. Also, Mel B's husband defends her honor in a fight. It's nice to know chivalry still exists. What's the most romantic thing your man has done for you?
Here's what we're sipping on this morning:
- Mel B released a statement concerning an altercation her hubby was in recently, saying he was merely defending her. Turns out that a group of men made some lewd comments about her at a London hotel, prompting her man to take action. "He was rushing to the defense of a woman -- me. He was my defender. So I can't be mad. It's been blown into more than what it was," she said. Eurweb is reporting that one man was so badly injured that he needed to be taken to a hospital. [EURweb]
- After T.I.'s court appearance on Friday, he took the wife and kids to Mary Mac's Tea Room in Atlanta. They spent over $250 for their meal... maybe this was their way of breaking the news to the kids? [Bossip]
- In the middle of handling rumors that there are photos of his penis floating the Internet, Kanye West released a new song featuring Keri Hilson as part of his Good Friday campaign. It's called "Take One for the Team," and he's also beatboxing on the track... it's a good listen for Monday morning! [Vulture]
- In other Kanye news, the artwork for his fifth studio album, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" has been banned! Yes, it's banned in the U.S. You take a look and let us know if it's that bad... [Necole Bitchie]
- Tiger Woods' ex-wife, Elin Nordegren, recieved $110 million in their divorce settlement. OMG! Radar Online is reporting that she's not acting brand new and that she's being very sensible with her money. [Radar Online]
- Rihanna recently recorded her version of "A Child is Born" for the "Now Christmas Vol. 4" CD, now out. Who knew a Christmas song could have so much island flavor? [EURweb]