For those of you at work this holiday morning, here's a mug of hot Coffee Talk. Remember Will Smith's first major blockbuster, "Independence Day"? He may be taking on the sequels to the 1996 film, though in a new way. He's poised to play the president in "ID2" and "ID3." Now, our only question is, who will play the action lead? Also, Prince is being sued for $270,000, and Old Spice replaces Isaiah Mustafa with Ray Lewis. Lastly, soul singer Solomon Burke has passed at age 70. Which of his songs was your favorite? Here's what you had to say: Nadia commented via Facebook: "I loved Will in 'Hitch.' The 'date doctor' never fails to cheer me up on lonely Saturday nights. Shawn wrote via Facebook: "My favorite Will Smith movie is 'The Pursuit of Happiness' but he was sexy in 'Wild, Wild West.'"
For those of you at work this holiday morning, here's a mug of hot Coffee Talk.
- "Independence Day" is certainly one of Will Smith's greatest actions films -- word has it he may be returning to it in a special way. EURweb is reporting that he might take on the role of the president in the second and third installments of the series. We hope this is a thriller like the first one, over 10 years ago. [EURweb]
- Prince is being sued for unpaid work performed by Arden Silverman, who is representing himself in court and asking for the sum of $270,000. This sounds a little fishy, he doesn't even have a lawyer... [Radar Online]
- Who do you think would cost more to mingle with, the President or Michelle Obama? Apparently, tickets to mingle with Michelle Obama are starting at $750 and tickets to mingle with President Obama start at $500, 50% less than his wife. Comments anyone? [Page Six]
- Sesame Street has spoofed the famous Old Spice commercial, now starring Grover. It's quite cute. [Buzz Feed]
- Speaking of Old Spice, they have replaced Isaiah Mustafa with NFL player Ray Lewis. The verdict is out on this commercial... you be the judge if they should bring back Mustafa. [Perez Hilton]
- Zoe Kravitz will be playing a young girl who suffers from a mental illness. The film is based on the book "It's Kind of a Funny Story." Nonetheless, it's a lighthearted approach to suicide and mental illness, and it's super-topical given the recent spate of teen suicides. [The Grio]
- Legendary soul singer Solomon Burke has died. He died at an Amsterdam airport on his way to a concert. You may know his name because he's the voice behind "Don't Give Up On Me," which earned him his first and only Grammy award. He was 70. [Popeater]