Monday, September 20, 2010 | 04:08 AM
We know it's rough getting in the groove on Monday mornings, so here's a cup of hot coffee talk to sip on while you're getting settled.
- Rihanna gave BFF Katy Perry a mega bachelorette party in Las Vegas over the weekend. Those two showed up in a stretch Hummer convertible at KA by Cirque du Soleil and partied in a secret location. Was your bachelorette party that lavish? [Perez Hilton]
- BET is reporting that police officers found codeine in T.I.'s Maybach earlier this month, as well as marijuana and ecstasy. If you know anything about codeine, it's the key ingredient in sizzurp. In addition, T.I. did test positive for opiates. [BET]
- Another day, another lawsuit. Busta Rhymes is being sued for assault and battery by a woman who says he threw a glass at her during an argument at Mr. Chow. She's looking for $250,000 in damages. We certainly hope this isn't true; we can't take another celeb going to jail over a senseless act. [EURweb]
- The 14th Annual Urbanworld Film Festival opened last week with a great movie, "Night Catches Us." Jamie Hector and Kerry Washington were on hand for the opening. We've been hearing a lot of buzz about "Night Catches Us" we hope it's a winner! [Black Voices]
- Morgan Freeman and his wife are finally divorced. Freeman and Myna Colley-Lee were married for 26 years and the two filed for divorce in 2008 in Mississippi. Both parties were reportedly "relieved and pleased with the terms of the settlement." [NewsOne]
- Stevie Wonder spoke at the U.N. this morning to have more books available in braille. Just five percent of printed materials and books are available for the blind to read, and nearly 314 million blind or visually impaired will, without a doubt, benefit from this. [AFP]
Check out Jill Scott's live performance of "A Long Walk" at the 2010 ESSENCE Music Festival on our new Vevo channel.
- Jay-Z and Coldplay's Chris Martin have bagged a multi-million dollar deal to perform on New Year's Eve at the grand opening of the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas. Talk about bringing in the new year right. The event will be invite-only and it will be planned by Colin Cowie. [OneIndia]