Friday, September 10, 2010 | 04:21 AM
- The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, has announced a cast of incredible actors she'd like to cast in a film about her life. For the lead, as her younger self, Franklin has chosen Halle Berry. Denzel Washington has agreed to play her father, Rev. C.L. Franklin, and Terrence Howard said yes to the role of her friend, Smokey Robinson. Franklin would also like Blair Underwood to play her brother Cecil, and Nia Long, her sister Erma Franklin. This is certainly epic entertainment news! We can't wait to see how this will turn out. [Black Voices]
- Just when we thought Naomi Campbell was "difficult" to work with, she proves us wrong. Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour said Naomi was "on time, professional and a joy to work with," after the supermodel appeared in Vogue's Fashion Night Out show in New York City. [NY Post]
- Terry McMillian has confirmed there will be a "Waiting to Exhale" sequel based on the follow-up novel "Getting to Happy" was released this week -- and three of the original four actresses have already signed on. [Clutch Magazine]
- Halle Berry was spotted kissing and holding hands with "Dark Tide" co-star Olivier Martinez in Paris, where the film is shooting. We wonder if this will last for Halle? [People]
- Gospel singer Marvin Sapp's wife, MaLinda Sapp, has passed away of colon cancer. The two were married for 15 years and share three kids. Our condolences go out to the Sapp family. [Black Voices]
Check out Trey Songz's live performance of "Say Aah" at the 2010 ESSENCE Music Festival on our new Vevo channel.
- Gabourey Sidibe is on the October cover of Elle and she's looking fabulous! [YBF]