Thursday, June 10, 2010 | 05:17 AM
- Star Jones is writing a new novel called "the Lunch Club." It's about a group of women on a daytime TV show. When a colleague vanishes, she carries all the back-stage secrets of her co-workers with her. It should be a fun read. Talk about a think veil. [Page Six]
- Remember when rumors of a romance between Rihanna and then burgeoning rap star Drake started swirling. Well Drake says, they did get together, but there's wasn't much romance.
"I was a pawn," the rapper said of his time spent with Rihanna. "She was doing exactly what I've done with some many women throughout my life, which is show them quality time, then disappear. I was like wow, this feels terrible" [MTV]
- In other RiRi news, the Barbadian beauty talks about her break-up with Chris Brown in the July Issue of Elle.
"He was my best friend," she said. "All of a sudden one night changed our whole lives -- not only our friendship, but our lives. I wanted to wake up one day and just not have that pain anymore. I wanted to be with him again or get over him -- it was either-or." RiRi also gushed about her new beau Matt Kemp. [Marquee]
- According to a recent study Black and Hispanic children may not be getting the same level of treatment for asthma as their White peers. [CNN]
- Comedian Tracy Morgan says he's not into the Miley Cyrus' stripping or any other too sexy teenagers.
"They're going to far," he said on the red carpet of the Friars Foundation Applause Awards Gala. "The stripping, the Miley Cyrus. ... I have nieces and little cousins and all of that and I don't want them thinking it's cool." [NYMag]
- A black taffeta gown wore by Princess Diana for her first appearance as Prince Charles' fiancee raked in $276,621 at Kerry Taylor Auctions in London yesterday. [People]
- Kanye West has been staying away from award shows ever since he sabotaged Taylor Swift's acceptance speech at the 2009 MTV Music Video Awards. The rapper and fashionisto is ready to join the crowd again, this time at the 2010 BET Awards on June 27 in Los Angeles. [Marquee]
- An estimated 120 million travelers in the U.S. won't get to use their frequent flyer miles this summer. [TIME]
- ESSENCE's July 2010 cover girl Jada Pinkett-Smith presented at the 2010 CMT Music Awards last night. [CMT]
- A British University is in big trouble for a government-funded course called "How to Walk in High Heels." [HP]
- Sephora's selling Minx nail art now. We want them all. [NYMag]